denm43's profile

Contributor

• 

47 Messages

Saturday, October 2nd, 2021 3:13 PM

Closed

Xfinity X1 Program Guide Icons

There are many unexplained icons and symbols within the guide that Xfinity expects you to understand. Is there a detailed listing? One that I saw last night was a solid red circle followed by 2 crescents. It was like 3 red moons overlapping each other. There must be a simple explanation.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

3 years ago

Greetings, @denmarks43! I hope your week has been treating you well. Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum about the X1 Guide. You have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

I can tell you that a single red circle "globe" indicates you are recording a single episode or event in time, while the stack of three red circles indicates you have a series recording in place.

Beyond that, I don't think I've ever come across a detailed listing of every symbol. It's possible that someone may have put one together at some point, and I'm hoping a member of the community will respond  to this thread accordingly, but for now, please feel free to post any other questions here, and we will get back to you.

Contributor

• 

47 Messages

3 years ago

I found another one that I solved. It looks like a play button after the program name in the listing. By clicking the play button on your remote it will start a show from the beginning even if you missed the start. It it only available for some programs.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

3 years ago

The 'stacked crescents' are actually 3 'cancel' circles, which means it is a series recording that was canceled.

Contributor

• 

47 Messages

@andyross

I did not cancel any pending or saved recordings of the program until after I found out what the circles indicated. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here