Xfinity remote won't pair both TV and receiver
I have a 2018 TCL TV and an older Onkyo audio receiver. I've tried pairing them with 2 differnet XR15 remotes and 1 XR11. I have done all the remote resets, tried different working codes, consulted xfinity.com/support/remotes, consulted the xfinity iphone app, read all the forums noting the same problem, rebooted the settop box, tried this and tried that, and on and on.
Here's what's specifically happening:
- I program the XR15 for the TV, and the XR15 Power button turns the TV on and off.
- I continue on to programming the XR15 for the receiver, and the XR15 Power button turns the receiver on and off, but no longer turns the TV on and off. NOTE: I lose control of TV power, via the Power button, the moment I finish punching in a code for the receiver.
- The XR15 TV Input button does still produce an onscreen menu option for turning off the TV, which works. However, I find no way for the XR15 to turn the TV back on. I understand that when an audio receiver is added, the TV volume control is disabled. It would appear that the TV power operation, via the Power button, is also getting disabled. Again, this all happens the moment I finish punching in a receiver code.
- I program the XR11 for the TV, and the XR11 All Power button turns the TV on and off.
- I continue on to programming the XR11 for the receiver, and the XR11 All Power button turns the receiver on and off, but no longer turns the TV on and off. As before, this occurs the moment I finish punching in a receiver code.
- The XR11 TV power button does still turn the TV power on and off, but the All Power button does not.
As stated earlier, I've seen this problem raised by multiple people in multiple places, with no working solutions posted. I'm hoping someone can tell from the symptoms, what might be going on, and offer some ideas beyond resetting the remote and consulting the various xfinity setup guides and resources. Been there, done those things over and over. Thanks.