Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

5 years ago

Hello Grey1, thank you for creating a post on our forum. The best way to get this box is to go into a local Comcast service center and request one, to find the nearest center to you click on this link. If your stores do not have the equipment in their inventory please send me a private message with your full name and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then click "Send a message".

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

Marancibiac, hope you enjoy the new 4K box! Post again if you need anything. Thanks for being a valued customer! 

Ken

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.9K Messages

5 years ago

Hi there, Pfeganjr. 

You can swap your current DVR to a 4k one at a service center or get one shipped to you! 

Whichever is easiest for you! 

Thank you for reaching out and being a valued Comcast customer! 

Silver Problem Solver

• 

11.2K Messages

5 years ago

Hello Marruda162, thank you for reaching out here on our forums and I would like to help with a XG1v4 Self Install Kit. Could you please send me a private message with your full name to begin?

Thank you 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

sent

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hey I just bought a 4k tv with hdr and I was wonder if I could get a 4k dvr box? How do I get one?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

5 years ago

Hi Grey1, unfortunately I don't see a private message or a reply back from you here so I will close this thread as completed. Feel free to create another post if you require further assistance, have a good day.  

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@ComcastAmir wrote:

Hi Grey1, unfortunately I don't see a private message or a reply back from you here so I will close this thread as completed. Feel free to create another post if you require further assistance, have a good day.  

reopened this mega-thread closed in error.

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

sutheyy, congrats on the new TV purchase1 I'd be happy to get you a new 4K DVR so you can start experiencing 4K content today! I got your private message so I'll follow up with you there. Thanks for posting on the forums! 

Ken

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.9K Messages

5 years ago

Hello, Pfeganjr. 

I wanted to follow up and touch base one more time before closing out your post. 

Did you have any other questions? 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Accidental post....oops

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I'm trying to follow the process outlined in the 4k thread to get a XG1v4 which states to private message ComcastElla: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Xfinity-4k-XG1v4-Cable-Box-Availability/m-p/3056493#M151979

My private messaging is disabled. Please assist.

Thanks.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

Hi, Linneybear! I got you private message, thank you for sending it!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I understand that this fourm is the proper way to go about acquiring an Xfinity XG1v4  DVR box that will enable me to view UHD content on my compatible television.  Can you advise me on the process? Thanks!

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

5 years ago

Posting to enable PM function.

Dave

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here