Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I am posting here to request communication from a Comcast rep to get an XG1v4 shipped to me. This is what I was told I would be receving when I signed up for new service last week but I received a refurbushed older DVR instead.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Can I request a XG1v4?

As shown on this page

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/TV/ANSWERED-What-is-the-Xfinity-XG1v4-TV-Box-and-how-does-it/ta-p/2940276

I am doing as the post suggested in order to get a self install kit for the XG1v4

As a reminder the post states: 

Yes, please author a new post in this forum requesting one. We are happy to send you a Self Install Kit.

So I am requesting a XG1v4 please.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Id like to request a Xfinity XG1v4 DVR box.
What's the procedure ?

Thank,
RG

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Posting to enable PM and to request a XG1v4 Box

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hi, posting to enable PM feature

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I am posting in order enable PM's and  to receive the 4K xg1v4 box.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I am posting in order enable PM's and  to receive the 4K xg1v4 box.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Hi, I'm also posting to enable PM feature

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

xg1v4 box

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

5 years ago

Don't see private message option???

Paul

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

5 years ago

Posting to activate private message  feature

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

5 years ago

Posting to enable private messaging

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Per the post on here, I would like a xg1v4 self install kit. Thanks!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here