Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

Shouldn’t, change it and find out, you can’t access 4K content without changing box settings

Contributor

• 

531 Messages

5 years ago

The only difference should be that it is the X1 box doing the upscaling instead of the TV - and the HDMI cable has to carry more data.    If you have a very, very high end TV it might do a better job of upscaling but the xg1v4 is pretty good.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks to the tech support team and specifically the one who helped me, we got the 4K X1 1.4 hooked up a few days ago.  It was so cool to see all the recordings on the new box without manually coping them.  It’s been crazy so I only today got the 1.3 box up to mail on Monday.

So thanks again to you all!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I would like to request a box upgrade

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

5 years ago

I would like to get an XG1V4 DVR box that I can self-install. My local store didn't have one and wasn't aware that they even existed. They offered me a refurb and I declined.

I PM'd Comcast Ella a few days ago and just got this message from her in reply:

"Hello, This account is not being monitored (temporary). If you still experience issues or need assistance, please make sure to create a public post."

So I'm posting here hoping for help in receiving an XG1V4 box.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

How do I get a 4K dvr ?

Contributor

• 

99 Messages

5 years ago

Call 1800XFINITY and tell them that you are having issues with your box ( if you are) and state that would like to order a non refurbed box and state you would like to self install the XG1V4.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I would like to request a 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box. Please tell me how, or put in a request for me. Thank You.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I'm having audio sync issues and would like to get a self-install kit with a 4K - XG1V4 (with DVR)

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

5 years ago

@RobertWy wrote:

@bluebeard wrote:

I would like to get an XG1V4 DVR box that I can self-install. My local store didn't have one and wasn't aware that they even existed. They offered me a refurb and I declined.

I PM'd Comcast Ella a few days ago and just got this message from her in reply:

"Hello, This account is not being monitored (temporary). If you still experience issues or need assistance, please make sure to create a public post."

So I'm posting here hoping for help in receiving an XG1V4 box.

I ordered one from 1800comcast and a few weeks later ordered another one.

I called them and they wanted $15 to ship an XG1V4. Did anyone else have to pay for shipping? They also told me that another local store had 10 of them in stock, but they couldn't arrange for a store pickup. Guess I'll have to just go there and see what they have.

Contributor

• 

33 Messages

5 years ago

I just got one of these on Friday. Had ordered a self install kit and received some kind of used dinosaur of a dvr, so ended up going to the store.I must say my box looked used which is understandable I guess. They recycle all these boxes.Any way,I like that I'm having access to college games like the notre dame ones which I don't see any other way of seeing them in 4k.Not like the other college games or the NFL Thursday night games that can also be accessed via the fox sports app. Nice to see the xg1v4 have those games too.Having a tivo roamio pro for 4 years now,I don't dislike the xg1v4 but wish it had certain things so I could completely abandon the Tivo ecosystem. Things like much more hard drive storage. 500gb vs 3TB is a huge difference. I'd settle for 1TB and getting 2TB when combining two xg1v4.I also don't understand why there's no infinite scrolling on the guide. You literally get to the end and have to press page up multiple times to get back to the top. Seems ridiculous.Because we now have some 4k content I think it is important to at least be able to select two resolutions so the box can switch between them depending on the content. That would be 1080p and 2160p.I believe adding options like these would pull me away from tivo because aside from those things I like the xg1v4. Yes a like other extras like auto skip for commercials but can do without them.Seeing how it seems tivo will continue to stick with cable cards and not work on things like IPTV which is where Comcast is heading, I'd like to eventually get off the ship.In the mean time think I'll stay with the xg1v4 while still keeping my tivos.

Contributor

• 

531 Messages

5 years ago

Yes, not being able to even watch your recorded content during an internet outage is extremely annoying - but I've only had that happen long enough to care a couple of times in several years of service.

The commercial skip/smart resume is up to the network to allow.  Comcast obviously has to maintain a relationship with the content providers that tivo doesn't.

Contributor

• 

107 Messages

5 years ago

I’ve used TiVo for years and switched recently to this X1 box because TiVo doesn’t work with xfinity on demand anymore. X1 box is ok but liked the TiVo much better, it’s a much smoother experience. If I lose internet I can’t do anything on the X1 box since even simple things like changing channels uses the internet so if internet doesn’t work you can’t change channels. The dvr on TiVo was so much smoother once you pressed a button to FF, RW etc it was instant plus most channels have the commercial skip option on the X1 I’ve only seen a handful.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have a 4K tv, and wondered why they didnt have a 4k box, just researched and indeed they do. I don't know why as much as I pay for tv/internet they don't ask if I want to upgrade/swap boxes to the 4k. From a few searches I have done on here it seems at least back then it was only for certain markets.. thats why i'm asking

Contributor

• 

33 Messages

5 years ago

Same thing happened to me. I had to goto the store to get this resolved. Of course if you don't have a store nearby it's a pita.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here