Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I was ready to take my old dying DVR to my local Comcast store to replace it with a new XG1V4, but I thought that before I unhooked the old DVR and drove to the store, I'd call them to find out whether or not they had any of the XG1V4 units in stock.  Turns out that this is impossible to do.  No matter which of the numerous numbers I dialed purporting to be the number for the local store, all of them wind up eventually (after an endless series of button pushing to respond to all the queries) at a call center in India, where the reps are all very polite, but who were ultimately unable to tell me whether my particular local store had the XG1V4 in stock.

Can someone on this forum order the XG1V4/self-install kit for me and have it mailed to me, along with a UPS return label for the old DVR?  Thanks.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Hi,

I’d like to request a XG1v4 box.

I’ve seen posts to send a private message to customer service but I don’t see a way to send a private message within the forums.

Thanks,
Nicolas

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Ok, I've figured out the private message part as that option now appears after I posted. Still wondering how I can replace my old box with a 4k compatible box such as the XG1v4?

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Enable PM

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you for your help ComcastElla

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Posting to enable PM

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

5 years ago

Hi JB31822  , thank you for reaching out here and welcome to our forums.  I can help review the XG1v4 availability in your area.  Please send us a private message with your full name to begin.

Thank you

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I can't seem to figure out how to PM.  I would like to request a XG1v4 DVR and Xi6 4k box to replace my old ones.  I have two 4k tv's now and would like to take advantage of them. 

Thank you, Roger

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

My PM to ComcastElla was finally answered with this is not monitored (temporarily).  Has she changed positions or just on vacation?  Is there any other way to get our X1 upgraded short of driving to the remote office and hoping they have one?

Jen

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

5 years ago

@tcallahan1 wrote:

I just bought a 4K TV and I have XG1v3.  How do I upgrade to XG1v4?

tcallahan1, glad I was able to get you that 4K box! Please post again if you need anything else.

-Ken

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Please tell me what I need to do, to receive an xg1v4 box and self install kit. Thanks.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I finally upgraded to the X1 box a couple of days ago. The guy at the store sent me home with Version 3 X1 box with the clock on the front. I need the version 4 to stream 4K on Netflix. Anyway you can mail me 1 to save me a trip back the Xfinity store?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I had a new install today and the tech did not have any xg1v4 boxes so I got an older box. Is it possible to get an xg1v4?

Thanks

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Smknl wrote:
I've been a Comcast Triple Play customer for over a decade. I recently moved and was given new equipment with a self install kit. I was given an XG1v3 TV box but would like to upgrade to a XG1v4. Is an upgrade possible?

Hi, I moved your post the the mega-thread on the subject. scroll back a bit and see the procedure to get the request started.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I've been a Comcast Triple Play customer for over a decade. I recently moved and was given new equipment with a self install kit. I was given an XG1v3 TV box but would like to upgrade to a XG1v4. Is an upgrade possible?
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here