Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Posting to enable PM

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@madeintaylor wrote:
How is Comcast charging you for the second 4K box?

the Xg1 v4 is charged exactly the same as all other Xg1 DVRs. 

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I’m sorry to ask again, but can you explain how that isn’t is normally charged? Thanks for clarifying!!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

My experience is the opposite...the store told me they have none in stock but will ship me one in 2 weeks which is not bad for a newer piece of hardware that probably has high demand.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hi, posting to enable PM feature.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I would like the XG1 v4 Box!

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

5 years ago

Hello All, 

I can ship you a 4K DVR. In order to assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, as well as the name of the account holder if it's different than yours.  

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Also posting to enable PM, thanks!

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

post for PM ability

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

@thithanh89 @chrisjohns03 - Thank you for reaching out! I will follow up as soon as I receive tracking numbers. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Posting for the pure thrill of it. Or to get a 4K DVR...

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Good evening Ella!

I was hoping to get one of the X1 DVRs (Arris XG1v4). Also looking to get two of the associated receivers intended for bedrooms, which I believe is the Arris Xi6. Goal is to have access to all channels in my plan available to view in the bedrooms, as well as view media recorded on the living room DVR. I think Arris Xi6 is the right model.

I understand I need to have private messaging enabled in order to request one from you. I appreciate any help you can provide!

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Posting to enable PM.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

@medinajulio09 - Thank you for posting! Your PM feature is already enabled. The Xi6 boxes are not yet available via Self Install Kit (SIK) but I can definitely ship you a 4K DVR and Xi3 boxes. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

Hello, @jnlilley!

1. At this time, the Xi6 device cannot be requested by the customer in general. We are working diligently to make Xi6 wireless TV Boxes available via Self-Install Kit in the near future.

2. Yes, you can move the Xi6 box it maintains a wireless connection to the Wireless Gateway. Please note, however, that the distance from your Gateway, along with other factors in your home (e.g., metal ducts, brick walls, double-pane windows, etc.) will affect the video quality.

3. Yes, you can replace the XiD with XG1v4 but it will cost more and will be considered as a DVR additional outlet. 

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here