Spokane44's profile

New Poster

 • 

2 Messages

Tue, Oct 24, 2017 2:00 PM

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

Regular Visitor

 • 

1 Message

3 y ago

Posting to enable PM.

New Poster

 • 

1 Message

3 y ago

Posting to enable PMs

Regular Visitor

 • 

5 Messages

2 y ago

SUPER frustrated right now. I have been plagued with sound drop outs on my X1 with no resolution. I tried switching to a new HDMI cable connection, but it only seemed to help intermittently? The drop outs make watching anything almost unbearable. I am not using a sound system, although the drop outs exist on both the sound system (connected to my TV via an optical cable) and the TV speaker. The cable box is directly connected to my LG 4K TV via an HDMI cable. Next, I find this forum and logged in and tried to PM ComcastChe to try to order a new XG1 v4 box to see if that might solve the issue - and upgrade to 4K ability with Netflix at the same time and when logged in, I cannot see any way to send a message once on the tech's profile page. Just shoot me. Any tech able to assist with both issues......?

Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24K Messages

2 y ago


@JazzV3 wrote:

SUPER frustrated right now. I have been plagued with sound drop outs on my X1 with no resolution. I tried switching to a new HDMI cable connection, but it only seemed to help intermittently? The drop outs make watching anything almost unbearable. I am not using a sound system, although the drop outs exist on both the sound system (connected to my TV via an optical cable) and the TV speaker. The cable box is directly connected to my LG 4K TV via an HDMI cable. Next, I find this forum and logged in and tried to PM ComcastChe to try to order a new XG1 v4 box to see if that might solve the issue - and upgrade to 4K ability with Netflix at the same time and when logged in, I cannot see any way to send a message once on the tech's profile page. Just shoot me. Any tech able to assist with both issues......?


sign in is required before you can see the PM option. Also you must have made a public post before seeing the PM option. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

Regular Visitor

 • 

5 Messages

2 y ago

Thank You.  I was signed in, but it must have been the need for one post not allowing it to be seen.

Now that I have posted, the option is there.   Will make request now.

 

PS:  If the audio drops are a signal issue (I am in a somewhat semi-rural area in a development, but from what I recall a tech saying in the past, I am at the end of a long run from distribution box), will the 4K box present more issues due to lack of signal?

Regular Visitor

 • 

5 Messages

2 y ago

PX001AN_3.0p26s1_PROD_sey
Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24K Messages

2 y ago


@JazzV3 wrote:

Thank You.  I was signed in, but it must have been the need for one post not allowing it to be seen.

Now that I have posted, the option is there.   Will make request now.

 

PS:  If the audio drops are a signal issue (I am in a somewhat semi-rural area in a development, but from what I recall a tech saying in the past, I am at the end of a long run from distribution box), will the 4K box present more issues due to lack of signal?


for giggles and grins, use voice remote 'about'. what is the text after STB version?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick
Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24K Messages

2 y ago


@JazzV3 wrote:
PX001AN_3.0p26s1_PROD_sey

verified that is the first X1 DVR version and has had many audio drop out issues. swapping will definitely help that problem.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

Regular Visitor

 • 

1 Message

2 y ago

Posting for PM

Regular Visitor

 • 

5 Messages

2 y ago

Is Comcast still responding to these requests for 4k DVR? PM'd Ella, but no response.

Regular Visitor

 • 

1 Message

2 y ago

I'm interested.  How do I make this happen?

Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24K Messages

2 y ago

the easiest way to get an x1v4 4K UHD DVR is to drop in at your local Xfinity store. to order from this thread, and you have made at least one public post, PM (private message) @CCElla with your full name, service address, and account number and request shipment. Remember that the requests go into a queue and that Ella does have days off during the week.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

Regular Visitor

 • 

2 Messages

2 y ago

Posting for pm

Regular Contributor

 • 

82 Messages

2 y ago

Nothing easy about getting the Xi4 cable box. No stores have them in stock, at least the only 2 stores in my area. I called and requested a Xi4 box and received an old 2010 pre X1 cable box. Then called again and received an identical box, but beat up looking on it's display face, as my current Arris non 4k box that was shutting down. Called and ordered a 3rd time and finally received the Xi4 4k Netflix box. But I found I was charged on my bill $50 for an install of the Xi4 which is supposedly self install only. Had to call customer service and argue again.
Not an easy or pleasant experience to say the least!!
The cable TV picture on regular non Netflix does look clearer and Netflix does too. There are only a handful of shows and movies on Netflix that are 4k. My biggest improvement seen is in standard cable TV picture quality.
Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24K Messages

2 y ago


@Neverendingmods wrote:
Nothing easy about getting the Xi4 cable box. No stores have them in stock, at least the only 2 stores in my area. I called and requested a Xi4 box and received an old 2010 pre X1 cable box. Then called again and received an identical box, but beat up looking on it's display face, as my current Arris non 4k box that was shutting down. Called and ordered a 3rd time and finally received the Xi4 4k Netflix box. But I found I was charged on my bill $50 for an install of the Xi4 which is supposedly self install only. Had to call customer service and argue again.
Not an easy or pleasant experience to say the least!!
The cable TV picture on regular non Netflix does look clearer and Netflix does too. There are only a handful of shows and movies on Netflix that are 4k. My biggest improvement seen is in standard cable TV picture quality.

for future readers of this post, it is not an xi4 it is an xg1 version 4 DVR.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New to the Community?

Start Here