michelletegg's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, February 23rd, 2021 11:00 AM

Closed

X1 Voice Commands not working

My voice commands stopped working on my remote, I receive error messages of "something is not quite right" and "voice commands are not working right now" "try later."  I have restarted the box multiple times.  I have re-paired the remote multiple times.  I contacted customer service and was sent a new remote, which after pairing results in the same error messages.  I then tried my spare tv and box and I get the same error message on that one too.  It used to work, but now it won't work on any box and with any remote.  I am at wits end.  I just spent an hour and a half troubleshooting the same thing over and over again with xfinity chat support and nothing worked - they "disconnected" me when supposedly forwarding me to a manager for higher level assistance and I dread having to contact them again to start over.  Does anyone know if this is an overall account problem since it is happening everywhere? Does anyone have any other suggestions to fix this?  It is a pain trying to find on demand shows without voice commands.  Thx. 

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

4 years ago

I really appreciate that information as it is helpful to better assist with troubleshooting. Have you attempted performing a factory reset? To perform a factory reset: Press and hold the A (triangle) and D (diamond) buttons at the same time for three seconds until the status light changes from red to green. Press 9-8-1. I know you mentioned you completed a lot of troubleshooting steps and I just want to make sure nothing was missed that might get this issue resolved for you!

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

4 years ago

Hi there! How are the battery levels in that remote? Press xfinity > Settings > Remote Settings and follow the on-screen prompts.

• Check battery power
  • Turn Voice Control On/Off

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Yes we did that too.  

Administrator

• 

658 Messages

4 years ago

Hi @michelletegg , thanks for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. It looks like you've done the majority of troubleshooting already, including re-pairing and resetting equipment. Which voice remote do you currently have--the XR11 or XR15? There is a model number on the back, though you can reference https://comca.st/3unfotI for a visual display of them. 

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

The remotes are the XR15 model

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

4 years ago

Got it! Thanks again for all of the time and effort you have spent on this, we certainly appreciate everything you're doing. Would you be open to having a technician come out, so they can lend a hand with the remote troubles you're running into, especially since we've already tried replacing the remote? 

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

They both have full battery power.  One of the first things I did was change the batteries and it made no difference.  On the new replacement remote, I made sure the batter was fully charged.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I wanted to keep trying it before responding.  I did get it to work a few times, but I still kept receiving the error messages a lot as well.  Maybe it is just very temperamental and only works when it wants to now?  Before it would not work at all.  Maybe the multiple resets eventually helped.  I have not yet attempted to try my second box, however.  

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

adding... rechargeable batteries may not provide the full voltage under load. tried using fresh duracells?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here