CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

9 years ago

Yes - dozens of times as indicated in my posts.  And OK - internet doesnt matter - thats fine.  I'm not refusing anything, just indicating that signal strength seems ok.  So maybe quality isn't although phone rep said signal quality was fine btw - so I guess tech support is able to see that remotely?

Either way freezing on a just a handful of channels out of hundreds seems odd to me but I guess I will be taking a day off for a tech visit.

Can you please point me to another post where someone had just HBO, Cinemax, and Showtime freezing (with the HBO2 etc. versions of those working fine?)  Perhaps I missed them in my searches.

Thanks.

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

9 years ago

Update: here are my current power/snr readings connected to the splitter (cable modem on other leg of 2 way splitter):

Downstream power 6.8

Downstream SNR 37.8

Upstream power: 45

Within spec?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

9 years ago

@RossBiddle wrote:

Update: here are my current power/snr readings connected to the splitter (cable modem on other leg of 2 way splitter):

Downstream power 6.8

Downstream SNR 37.8

Upstream power: 45

Within spec?

from previous comcast posts...

Upstream Transmit Power Level: 25 to 53 dBmV.
Downstream Receive Power Level: -8 to 10 dBmV.
Upstream Receive Power Level: -2 to 2 dBmV (technically should be as close to zero as possible)
Downstream Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR): minimum of 35 dB.
Upstream Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR) Individual Modem: minimum of 31 dB.
Upstream Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR) Channel Average: minimum of 31 dB.

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

9 years ago

My long standing issue w/ the X1 box is whenever I try to delete a show, it crashes.  Even after I watch a recorded show, when it goes to the 'DELETE NOW ' 'DO NOT DELETE' screen, even if I try to exit out, it hangs and crashes.  The only way I can delete is go thru the website.  I will try recording this and post the video here.    If my X1 box is faulty, will comcast switch out a new one for me?  at no cost????

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

9 years ago

i have the X1 system with 1 DVR and 2 RNG 150N HD boxes. Today one of the boxes had a flashing yellow envelope data and did not turn on. i called support they did something and its been flashing these threee lights now like kit from knight rider. The support guy said it would take an hour and it should reboot its been 3 hours. I am guessing this box is jacked????

Yep it needs swapped out

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

hmm I found the problem it says made in China on the bottom.     Oh well it lasted 8 days. I will call tomorrow and schedule the tech to come swap it then

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

i have the X1 system with 1 DVR and 2 RNG 150N HD boxes. Today one of the boxes had a flashing yellow envelope data and did not turn on.  i called support they did something and its been flashing these threee lights now like kit from knight rider. The support guy said it would take an hour and it should reboot its been 3 hours. I am guessing this box is jacked????   

Expert

• 

18K Messages

9 years ago

@Pamelarex wrote:
Hi. Just had X1 yesterday. The second box in bedroom keeps changing between channels and won't stop. Saying temporarily having troubles tuning in, now tuning to previous channel. Is ANNOYING please help.

Pull the power cord on the unit and let it sit... for some reason it is seeing a continuous channel change from the IR ....if powering down and restarting do not fix the issue, look to get that box replaced!!!!

-=Ray=-

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Hi. Just had X1 yesterday. The second box in bedroom keeps changing between channels and won't stop. Saying temporarily having troubles tuning in, now tuning to previous channel. Is ANNOYING please help.

Expert

• 

18K Messages

9 years ago

I'm pretty sure the Tech will get you fixed up!

-=Ray=-

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Hi Ray, I tried that. Have the same issues. So I have a tech coming out tomorrow. Thanks 🙂 please wish me luck. It's in my daughters room and she freaks out every time it switches. Lol

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

9 years ago

I'll take  day off in a couple weeks and have a tech out.

Just for fun I hooked up a PPC evo 5 u/u and saw no difference - excellent SNR all around and still pretty high power readings downstream.

I then inserted a -9dB attenuator and everything showed closer to the ideal 0 downstream power and still close to 40 SNR - everything worked the same.  Upstream power was borderline at 50 - but again everything worked identically wether my signal was hot or attenuated (and I tried 3 and 6 db attenuation as well without any difference).

So it doesnt look like signal strength makes a big difference for me and my SNR is always close to 40.

So it must be something further upstream like you said.

thanks for the input.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

9 years ago

All you're doing is checking the modem levels of the X1 box, not the individual frequencies of the channels you are having issues with

0 isn't necessarily ideal and with an attenuator you jack up the upstream levels more than necessary

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

9 years ago

You didn't specify what you were looking at ( you wouldn't see upstream power on a normal cable frequency just docsis channels)

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

9 years ago

Ok thanks.

I thought the in-band network readings (Summary, In-band Network) vs. (System, DOCSIS) were for whatever channel each tuner was tuned to.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here