CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

7 years ago

@adammusic22 wrote:

anybody elses voice remotes not working. all of them. sufficient batteries. multiples boxes. bug in recent update?

Mine voice remote works.

I have lost the buffer on satellite boxes after watching something from the DVR.  That has always been the case with On Demand, but not buffering during DVR playback is relatively new to me.  Might have started at the same time as the "re-tune"/buffer start at first command after turning the TV on / no buffer with TV off change and I just didn't notice until now.  Seems they're doing everything possible to save bandwidth.

I can understand not having every single box buffering 24 hours a day.  But once you start using a box the buffer should continue even during DVR playback.

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

7 years ago

@adammusic22 wrote:

anybody elses voice remotes not working. all of them. sufficient batteries. multiples boxes. bug in recent update?

Its stil working here in Northern Virginia Comcast territory.

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

7 years ago

@ThomT wrote:

Twice in the past week, both NBC HD stations have been pixelating.  Several days ago, the problem went away when I did a system refresh, but I don't know if that fixed the problem or if it was just a coincidence.  Today it happenned again, and system refresh didn't do any good.  Early this morning I noticed that the volume was so low during the program (any program) that I had to jack it up full to hear anything.  The commercials however had normal volume.   I called Comcast,and after doing their standard diagnostic steps, they concluded that it was in their system not my dvr.  Later in the day, the volume returned to normal and the pixelation lessed, but was still there.  I called Comcast again, but was told that my ticket was escalated and they couldn't give me status.  They also couldn't tell me if any other customers called in with this issue.  Both answers were very frustrating.

I am in Metro-Atlanta and the problems are on the NBC HD channels of 806 and 1011.  Does anyone else have or know about this problem?

===

I am in Metro Wash DC area and have had volume and pixelation problems from time to time on several  major networks for years on SD and HD but never with cabe networks or premium.  NBC and ABC are the worst here but there is no pattern to it.

Contributor

• 

205 Messages

7 years ago

Twice in the past week, both NBC HD stations have been pixelating.  Several days ago, the problem went away when I did a system refresh, but I don't know if that fixed the problem or if it was just a coincidence.  Today it happenned again, and system refresh didn't do any good.  Early this morning I noticed that the volume was so low during the program (any program) that I had to jack it up full to hear anything.  The commercials however had normal volume.   I called Comcast,and after doing their standard diagnostic steps, they concluded that it was in their system not my dvr.  Later in the day, the volume returned to normal and the pixelation lessed, but was still there.  I called Comcast again, but was told that my ticket was escalated and they couldn't give me status.  They also couldn't tell me if any other customers called in with this issue.  Both answers were very frustrating.

I am in Metro-Atlanta and the problems are on the NBC HD channels of 806 and 1011.  Does anyone else have or know about this problem?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

7 years ago

@adammusic22 wrote:

what is the remote's LED action when you press the voice microphone button? normal beeping or a failure 'notice on the TV?

Contributor

• 

775 Messages

7 years ago

That dull beep. No notification popped up on tv.

Its working now.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hello everyone. I have a XRE-00250 (this device needs to be activated before we can continue. ) I have had comcast send a million signals. Got new boxes after 6 months of not having service since I was in a different state. They have added the box etc. What can I do ? I cant get back to the activation screen. Someone please help me !!!!

1 Attachment

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 years ago

At the end of the day it will probably need to get swapped out

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

four months later and still goesdown almost every day. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I'm having the exact same problem.  I just switched out my box yesterday (boy what a mistake).  I was told there was a defect with the box I picked up yesterday and to return to the store and get another one.  well, guess what the second box is doing the same thing.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@williamsv wrote:

I'm having the exact same problem.  I just switched out my box yesterday (boy what a mistake).  I was told there was a defect with the box I picked up yesterday and to return to the store and get another one.  well, guess what the second box is doing the same thing.

you didn't quote the post you were replying to so it is impossible to determine how to assist? would you reply with your problem and any error messages/error numbers?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 years ago

I'm having the exact same problem. I just switched out my box yesterday (boy what a mistake). I was told there was a defect with the box I picked up yesterday and to return to the store and get another one. well, guess what the second box is doing the same thing.

What was it that the boxes were doing? This is a 50 page thread, “same thing” covers quite a bit.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

The boxes will not connect to the platform

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

How about we all walk in and demand a refund!!! I have had nothing but trouble as like that and more ever since I had to get the "new equipment" I had less problems with the old quipment! I am a subscriber for 8 years and never had so much problems before!!! 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@citchicak9pd wrote:

How about we all walk in and demand a refund!!! I have had nothing but trouble as like that and more ever since I had to get the "new equipment" I had less problems with the old quipment! I am a subscriber for 8 years and never had so much problems before!!! 

your in-home signal is too 'bad' for the set top box to be able to communicate with comcast servers. if you have other sets working check your splitters or if you have an amplifier check to be sure the power LED is illuminated (the power plug may be unplugged).

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here