CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

7 years ago

@adammusic22 wrote:
Anybody elses 30 second skip not sticking?

My kitchen xiD kinda reset today. Notification settings all reset, 30 sec skip reset to 5 min.

Now a 30 second skip wont stick.

Mine randomly resets every once in a while.  I haven't been able to reset it without restarting the box, but it will work after that.

Contributor

• 

775 Messages

7 years ago

Anybody elses 30 second skip not sticking?

My kitchen xiD kinda reset today. Notification settings all reset, 30 sec skip reset to 5 min.

Now a 30 second skip wont stick.

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

7 years ago

they never fixed X-1 yet, now unleash another piece of possible new and improved, never had problems before I got x-1 

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

7 years ago

Never had problems before, then got x-1 and nothing but problems, box out, freeze up, for over 3 years , call and nothing happened so why try, now X-2 haha, what a waste of time, should not have launched X-1 with the problems kept saying there are bugs,  as far as I am concerned, Failure is not an Option, they faile miserably on X-! now companion, wonder how bad that will be 

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

What to expect from third with X1

I am a 20+ year Comcast customer (actually began with Adelphia before the buyout/merger).  In both  October 2016 and April 2017, I tried the X1 platform and returned it because I felt I lost more useful features than I gained...at least from my personal viewing habits.  I fully admit to being averse to change, so I can write-off some of my experience to that.  Since I can see the writing on the wall that my current HD-DVR boxes will soon be phased out, I am wondering if anyone could tell me if any of my issues have been resolved/improved before I give X1 another try. The one item that bugged me the most was the apparent removal of the zoom button, which I found to be a a great feature for sports to check it a player was in-bounds/out of bound, out or safe at 1B etc.  My son loves it.  I was stunned that is was removed.

Here are a few of the issues I experienced last time:

1. No channel indicator on STB and clock very hard to read (regardless of brightness setting)

2. Guide covers the entire screen (ie. no small window with current show).  I discovered I could press B, but why the extra step every time?

3. No HD Zoom button on the remote.  Pressing HD zoom on my current remote results in Normal, Stretch, Zoom 1 and Zoom 2.  Great feature to zoom on replays in sports

4. No frame-by-frame slow motion (currently I can press pause, then >> to see it in frame by frame slo-mo)

5. Simply entering a channel number and waiting a moment does not change the channel.  Instead I have to click OK before it will change the channel.  Yes, I know it's just one extra click, but the less clicks the better in my book! 🙂

6. FF/Rewind was extremely choppy.  Hitting Play from Pause does not always resume from the paused spot.

7. Guide colors were very tough to read.  The previous blue background was much better.

8. Message about Sports App C was always appearing at the top right for a while.  Just plain annoying.

9. Giant Play/Pause/FF/RWD buttons on the screen that lingered too long.

10. The Favorites feature seemed to have changed.  Currently, after creating my favorites list, I can just click the Fav button on the remote and it will immediately change the channel to one of my favorite channels.  Press Fav again and it will change the channel to the next favorite, etc. etc., basically allowing me to channel surf my favorites with the press of one button.  I seem to recall the X1 did not have that same feature.  Instead, even after assigning my Favorites list, I had to press several buttons before I could move to the next favorite channel. In other words, I could not channel surf my favorites with the push of one button.

Anyway, if anyone can offer insight as to whether those items have been fixed or changed for the better, I would appreciate it. 

Thanks!

Contributor

• 

206 Messages

7 years ago

You're not going to be happy.

1. Clock is ok, but still no channel. On the new 4K box no clock even lol.

2. They even got rid of pressing B.

3. Nope.

4. Nope.

5. Nope.

6. This seems fine to me. Depending on how fast it is going, hitting play will reqind back some. I personally hit the reply button instead of play when i'm ready to kick out of FF.

7. It's ok with me, and they added a readability feature, which I think just makes things bigger.

8. Still comes up sometimes, but does not annoy me.

9. Yep still there.

10. Don't use favorites, but I don't think it works the way you want.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

@lightstorm22 wrote:

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply.  I'll pass on X1 again and hope they continue to support the legacy box for a while longer.  From reading the posts, besides my basic issues, it does seem that Comcast has released quite a buggy product....and this coming from a 20+ Comcast customer, not a Comcast basher.. 

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

7 years ago

@RobertWy wrote:

@steely4283 wrote:

@lightstorm22 wrote:

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply.  I'll pass on X1 again and hope they continue to support the legacy box for a while longer.  From reading the posts, besides my basic issues, it does seem that Comcast has released quite a buggy product....and this coming from a 20+ Comcast customer, not a Comcast basher.. 

20+ users out of an estimate of 20 million X1 users?

RobertWy........Not trying to speak for him/her but  believe he/she  meant a 20+ year customer of Comcast.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

@TerriB wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

@steely4283 wrote:

@lightstorm22 wrote:

20+ users out of an estimate of 20 million X1 users?

RobertWy........Not trying to speak for him/her but  believe he/she  meant a 20+ year customer of Comcast.

TerriB: Thanks!  Yes, my typo.  I left out the word "year", so it should have read 20+ year Comcast customer. 

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

intermittently lose tv video signal. Can't be the TV because when we divert through our Roku, there are no problems.

Go days and it's fine, then just bounces in and out.

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

7 years ago

@RobertWy wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

@reiblynn wrote:

intermittently lose tv video signal. Can't be the TV because when we divert through our Roku, there are no problems.

Try talking to support 1800comcast

Sorry but when a call is placed to support for technical help they tell you to unplug the box, reset the modem, check your cables and then when that doesn't work because you probably already did that before calling they want to send a tech.  Even when you explain all the diagnostic steps you have already taken they insist on having you do it all again. Getting past first tier support is very difficult.

Ask them to run an Einstein test.

Robert...I will remember that but to tell the truth I am not sure the typical first tier cust svc rep would even know what means? I sure don't....lol.

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

7 years ago

@RobertWy wrote:

@reiblynn wrote:

Try talking to support 1800comcast

Sorry but when a call is placed to support for technical help they tell you to unplug the box, reset the modem, check your cables and then when that doesn't work because you probably already did that before calling they want to send a tech.  Even when you explain all the diagnostic steps you have already taken they insist on having you do it all again. Getting past first tier support is very difficult.

Contributor

• 

775 Messages

7 years ago

Please for the love of god make it so when i say “Baltimore Orioles”, or any sports team name, into the remote, it goes to the listings page & not the pointless statistics page with the option to launch into the sports app.

We have to say “”sports team” LISTINGS” which isnt the natural default voice command everyone uses.

Add a statistic section for stats in the team listing main page.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

New to Comcast X1. I noticed the split second delay when switching between channels. The screen first goes black and then the channel logo would appear with three little rotating dots before thethe programming from the new channel is displayed. Is this normal? It reminds me of statellite TV from 1990s when every channel is loaded as you switch to it. Thanks!

Contributor

• 

775 Messages

7 years ago

anybody elses voice remotes not working. all of them. sufficient batteries. multiples boxes. bug in recent update?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here