CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

7 years ago

@RadTV wrote:

Does anyone know why the firmware update for the XG 2 has been rolled-back to 2.9 from 2.10? The DVR is still using 2.10.

can confirm same here on xg2 but the 3 DVRs here had never received the new '10'. all are on the same april xre and firmware versions.

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

7 years ago

tctc, I have an update on the DVR mismatch concerns. I got some help from my colleague, Andrew, and it turns out that the DVR and cloud dvr storage percentage won't match--the physical dvr is about 500 GB in size and the cloud dvr is the last 60 hours of recordings regardless of HD or SD and the file sizes are smaller.

This explains why the shows all match but the percentages don't.

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

7 years ago

Hey RadTV, I do see that your XG2 box is on the 2.9 firmware. I have also checked that 2.9 is the current recommended firmware. 

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

7 years ago

Thanks for posting about your X1 issues, firemandude. I've checked out your box and I see a few signal errors. A few users before you mentioned that their firmware had retroactively adopted the 2.9 update after being at 2.10. How often are you seeing this issue with communicating with your remote? It could also mean an issue with your remote as well. How is the battery level? 

Contributor

• 

206 Messages

7 years ago

The picture he attached literally says 60% 🙂

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

7 years ago

Having a problem with my X1 box/service. Recently when I press the guide button the guide will pop up blank on the screen. Channel up & down button does not work on the remote. Last button does not work either. Green light flickers on box showing IR signal is going to the box. All other buttons work. Workaround is to power down the box and power back up and everything works again. Noticed that a few days ago I was running XRE Protocol 2.9.0 with a date of 5/22/17.  As of today it is showing 2.8.0 with a date of 4/26/17. It rolled back ???? Does not make sense. Do I have a defective box ? Should I get a replacement ?

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

7 years ago

Battery Level Ok at 60%. I have this issue at least once per day but can sometimes go 2 days without having to power down the box. If it was the remote it should affect all buttons and not just a few. Signal check using Comcast Labs shows signal level is good. Perhaps there is a problem communicating with the server ?  Since the rollback I have also lost a few features, eg. Power saver Mode.

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

7 years ago

You can send the signal anytime today. Thanks

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

7 years ago

firemandude, thanks. I'd like to send a signal to your box to see if we see any change. When is a good time? 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

7 years ago

re: firmware changes, for whatever reason, after new firmware is 'installed' overnight, often one or more of the remotes don't work (blink red/green) and can't communicate with the set top box. powerdown reboot of set top box immediately fixes the problem. Note that I don't use the 30 second 'mod' skip function but many posts say the same happens to the skip function after any firmware update (a power reboot also fixes that issue until next firmware update). It appears that the 'state' is not restored after a firmware update and a second reboot properly initializes both the RF pairing and the 30 second skip option.

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

7 years ago

firemandude, I've sent those signals. Let me know if you see a change. 

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

7 years ago

Right away I can see that the XRE server version has changed to 1.75.04 and the date is back to 5/22/17. Receiver Native is 2.10  I also noticed that the initials DFN no longer appear before the device name. Seems to be back to normal but time will tell. We will see what happens when the box updates tonight between 2am and 4am.

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

7 years ago

firemandude, thanks for the update. Definitely let me know if it changes again. 

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

7 years ago

After getting home from work and trying the tv, it seems to work fine but I checked the software version and I am back to XRE Server Version 1.74 and the date stamp is back to 04/22/17. After you sent the signal yesterday it was 1.75 with a date of 05/26/17. This baffles me.

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

7 years ago

firemandude, I've checked out your box on my end and I see you have version 2.10. Perhaps it updated since you posted?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here