CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

7 years ago

@CCKenF wrote:

Hmm. OK I've checked the MoCa network connections and everything looks fine. There have been a few box errors over the last few days, though. I'd like to send a tech to your home to check out things in person. When would be a good time, tctc? 

Hi Ken,  Thanks but I was hoping it was some kind of setting or maybe something that you could fix remotely.  If it's somethig that's part of my other ongoing issues I don't want to bother.  I've had maybe 25 techs out over the last 2.5 years trying to fix my intermittent and general slowness issues to no avail.  We've been told there isn't anything else they can do (but revert to the pre-X1 platform), so we're currently just dealing with it.  If someone can come up with a plan of action I would love to have the type of service that many folks on this forum claim to have, but for now I'm just living with the errors and delays.

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

7 years ago

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

ComcastKenF   This thread has been really interesting but I am confused and need to ask a generic question about turning on the tv and the buffer. I have one DVR/one box and never turn the box off nor use power saver option. I have never experienced a buffer for the channel that is on screen when I first turn on the tv.  Is there supposed to be one?  Thanks

Do you get buffer with your satellite boxes later after you've changed channels, etc. (just not at TV turn on)?  I do, and I also get it right at turn on, with my main DVR, just not with the satellite boxes.  Even though when you first turn them on you can see the bar going back, as if the buffer is there...

tctc, as I stated above I only have one DVR...no satellite boxes.  Yes I have the buffer when I change channels and always have but  never had the buffer when first turning on the tv.

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

7 years ago

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

ComcastKenF   This thread has been really interesting but I am confused and need to ask a generic question about turning on the tv and the buffer. I have one DVR/one box and never turn the box off nor use power saver option. I have never experienced a buffer for the channel that is on screen when I first turn on the tv.  Is there supposed to be one?  Thanks

Do you get buffer with your satellite boxes later after you've changed channels, etc. (just not at TV turn on)?  I do, and I also get it right at turn on, with my main DVR, just not with the satellite boxes.  Even though when you first turn them on you can see the bar going back, as if the buffer is there...

tctc, as I stated above I only have one DVR...no satellite boxes.  Yes I have the buffer when I change channels and always have but  never had the buffer when first turning on the tv.

Maybe I'm wrong and don't have buffer immediately on my main DVR, I'll check again...

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

7 years ago

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

Maybe I'm wrong and don't have buffer immediately on my main DVR, I'll check again...

tctc,  I must apologize.  It seems that we do have the buffer on the channel that is on screen when first turning on the tv BUT not always. My hubby said at times he has tried to go back when he turns on the tv first thing and sees something on the news he wants to see but not always. He never told me about it. He doesn't always turn on the tv while getting ready for work though.  Over time I have sometimes tried to reverse  but never thought much about it frankly when it didn't work. After the last several posts on your issue I turned the tv on when I first got up two as I always do and two days in a row there was no buffer. I turned off the tv and turned it back on....still no buffer. However this morning there was a buffer and when I turned tv off and back on....still a buffer. Tis a puzzlement for sure.

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

7 years ago

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

tctc,  I must apologize.  It seems that we do have the buffer on the channel that is on screen when first turning on the tv BUT not always. My hubby said at times he has tried to go back when he turns on the tv first thing and sees something on the news he wants to see but not always. He never told me about it. He doesn't always turn on the tv while getting ready for work though.  Over time I have sometimes tried to reverse  but never thought much about it frankly when it didn't work. After the last several posts on your issue I turned the tv on when I first got up two as I always do and two days in a row there was no buffer. I turned off the tv and turned it back on....still no buffer. However this morning there was a buffer and when I turned tv off and back on....still a buffer. Tis a puzzlement for sure.

Have you noticed a similar behavior - what I see is, there seems to be a buffer (if you just hit info/ok button), but as soon as I press rewind, it appears to "re-tune" to the same channel, and then the buffer is gone...

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

7 years ago

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

Have you noticed a similar behavior - what I see is, there seems to be a buffer (if you just hit info/ok button), but as soon as I press rewind, it appears to "re-tune" to the same channel, and then the buffer is gone...

I don't understand...what happens when you hit info/ok? I am not clear as to how that would show the buffer in action?

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

7 years ago

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

I don't understand...what happens when you hit info/ok? I am not clear as to how that would show the buffer in action?

Not at home now so I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure there's a button you can press that doesn't erase the buffer, but brings up the progress bar.  And you can see that the progress bar goes back somewhat, like it normally would later on after the TV has been on for a while.  But as soon as you attempt to rewind it "re-tunes" and goes away...

The info button does not trigger the progress bar.  From what I can tell only exit,  FF/Pause/RW triggers it to show up.

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

7 years ago

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

Not at home now so I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure there's a button you can press that doesn't erase the buffer, but brings up the progress bar.  And you can see that the progress bar goes back somewhat, like it normally would later on after the TV has been on for a while.  But as soon as you attempt to rewind it "re-tunes" and goes away...

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

7 years ago

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

The info button does not trigger the progress bar.  From what I can tell only exit,  FF/Pause/RW triggers it to show up.

what about the     OK or up

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

7 years ago

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

Ok does it and down does it but not up. Still not sure about the progress bar/buffer correlation.

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

7 years ago

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

Ok does it and down does it but not up. Still not sure about the progress bar/buffer correlation.

Was just explaining the behavior that I see.

when i press OK there is some red line to the left showing that there should be some buffer.  but then when i try to rewind, it doesn't let me access the buffer

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

7 years ago

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

when i press OK there is some red line to the left showing that there should be some buffer.  but then when i try to rewind, it doesn't let me access the buffer

I believe you!!! I sure hope they can figure it out for you.

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

7 years ago

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

I believe you!!! I sure hope they can figure it out for you.

Actually I may have been wrong, last night when I pressed the OK button it retuned right away before I could see the buffer.  Either way, no buffer on turn on for boxes that I'm pretty sure are supposed to have buffer...

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

7 years ago

Hey tctc and TerriB, I tried this on my cable box in the office and I have buffer when I turn on the tv. I can rewind successfully the previous couple hours (?) of content when the TV was off. One thing we haven't tried is comparing system settings just to make sure we have similar activated options. 

Tctc, the firmware on your DVR boxes look good and are up to date. I did run a health check on one of your DVR boxes and there was slow packet traffic on some tunnels. Additionally, there are a few T3 timeouts on both boxes (and your modem for that matter) which are a little concerning. Often time, this timeouts represent connectivity issues from the network which might be an indicator of why you aren't seeing the buffer. 

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

7 years ago

moving to new thread for assistance.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here