CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

7 years ago

Hey tctc, did you notice any change last night? 

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

7 years ago

@CCKenF wrote:

Hey tctc, did you notice any change last night? 

Hi Ken, I didn't notice, it's my wife that generally uses that tv, so I'll check with her and have her try it out today.

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

7 years ago

Cool tctc, sounds good, let me know. 

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

7 years ago

@CCKenF wrote:

Bummer. Did you restart the boxes after I sent the signal yesterday? That was one of the problems I had on my end which may point to an underlying issue, tctc. 

yes, re-started all of my boxes after the signal

will try to test again tonight

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

7 years ago

Bummer. Did you restart the boxes after I sent the signal yesterday? That was one of the problems I had on my end which may point to an underlying issue, tctc. 

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

7 years ago

Any change tctc? 

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

7 years ago

OK cool, tctc. I'll send a soft hit to the cable boxes just in case. Let me know if you see a change. If not, we may have to get out there to check things out in person. 

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

7 years ago

@CCKenF wrote:

Any change tctc? 

Tried 3 boxes, 2 out of 3 still showed the issue.

When I turned the tvs on, as soon as I hit rewind the channel kind of blinked, basically re-tuning to the same channel, and then the buffer was gone.

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

7 years ago

Were you able to test again last night tctc? 

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

7 years ago

@CCKenF wrote:

Were you able to test again last night tctc? 

All 3 non-dvr boxes show the same behavior.  When you first turn the tv on, if you try to rewind the channel "re-tunes", so no access to buffer. Access to buffer then begins right after that.

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

7 years ago

OK. I want to make sure I'm understanding your issue completely. Are you referring to the cable box being on when the TV is off and then trying to rewind when you turn on the TV? Or is the box off when you turn the TV on and try to rewind? 

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

7 years ago

@CCKenF wrote:

OK. I want to make sure I'm understanding your issue completely. Are you referring to the cable box being on when the TV is off and then trying to rewind when you turn on the TV? Or is the box off when you turn the TV on and try to rewind? 

Boxes are always on.  Only TV off. 

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

7 years ago

Hmm. OK I've checked the MoCa network connections and everything looks fine. There have been a few box errors over the last few days, though. I'd like to send a tech to your home to check out things in person. When would be a good time, tctc? 

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

7 years ago

ComcastKenF   This thread has been really interesting but I am confused and need to ask a generic question about turning on the tv and the buffer. I have one DVR/one box and never turn the box off nor use power saver option. I have never experienced a buffer for the channel that is on screen when I first turn on the tv.  Is there supposed to be one?  Thanks

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

7 years ago

@TerriB wrote:

ComcastKenF   This thread has been really interesting but I am confused and need to ask a generic question about turning on the tv and the buffer. I have one DVR/one box and never turn the box off nor use power saver option. I have never experienced a buffer for the channel that is on screen when I first turn on the tv.  Is there supposed to be one?  Thanks

Do you get buffer with your satellite boxes later after you've changed channels, etc. (just not at TV turn on)?  I do, and I also get it right at turn on, with my main DVR, just not with the satellite boxes.  Even though when you first turn them on you can see the bar going back, as if the buffer is there...

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here