CCGwen's profile
CCGwen
Crafty Conversation
Resourceful Response
Discussion Driver

Valued Contributor

 • 

235 Messages

Mon, Oct 6, 2014 2:00 PM

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

 

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

 

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

Cody21

Regular Contributor

 • 

158 Messages

4 y ago

For the record - the Picture FREEZING issue that we had been having since early Dec 2017 has vanished with this latest update ...  Knock on wood, but haven't experienced the issue for a couple of weeks --  usually had it happen 3-4 times a week before then. Nothing else has changed in our hardware.  Thank you COMCAST !!!!

tstack

Most Valued Poster

 • 

586 Messages

4 y ago

What is the current firmware/software version for X1 Arris DVR? because I'm still experiencing "Frozen Picture/Screen"

Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24K Messages

4 y ago


@tstack wrote:

What is the current firmware/software version for X1 Arris DVR? because I'm still experiencing "Frozen Picture/Screen"


mine is 2.8p1s1 02/08 / 1.72.07 03/02/2017 found 3/5 

 

my xg2 has 2.8p1s2 

 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick
BeowolfJones

Regular Contributor

 • 

596 Messages

4 y ago

This last weekend the Hallmark channel started offering a new Mystery series "Monk" . As the channel usually does with a new offering they had a Saturday all day "Monkathon" of episodes. I noticed that they were starting the new week with the same shows working their way through the episodes shown on Saturday. So I decided to test my theory by setting up a series recording for "Monk". I set the recording switch to "All episodes - New and repeat". The DVR proceeded to record every episode all day Saturday.

 

Now my theory is that the series recording setting skipping episodes is linked to the amount of time since a episode has been recorded once, and then is aired again and should be recorded again even if it has been permanently deleted. So, I deleted all the Saturday recordings and checked My scheduled recordings to see if the "Monk" episodes that should record the next week were indeed scheduled to record. Sure enough they were NOT SCHEDULED.

 

This is a definite BUG. There is no setting on series recording to correct this BUG. When I set a series recording to record "All  Episodes", that is exactly what I want it to do period. I don't care if I recorded it yesterday and then deleted it. It should record at any time it airs until I set the DVR to do otherwise. Unfortunately, there is no easy way to determine  the cut off date between recording that have repeated recently.  Hopefully, this will get passed on to the Comcast Engineers for correction.

 

 

New Poster

 • 

8 Messages

4 y ago


@tctc wrote:

@MikiSunshine wrote:

This has been going on for the last week ever since I received the latest upgrade, 1.73.02 03/15/2017 13:11.

 

it is very annoying not to have the prompt to delete the show, or not, after watching as well as no longer offering to show the next in series. Is there any time scheduled for a fix for this or is this now going to be a permanent non-feature?


Maybe TiVo has a patent on this process so Comcast can't offer it any more?


Doesn't seem logical to me. This has been a feature of XFINITY for the last few years, at least. And you can't patent a feature, only how that feature is implemented. 

New Poster

 • 

8 Messages

4 y ago

This has been going on for the last week ever since I received the latest upgrade, 1.73.02 03/15/2017 13:11.

 

it is very annoying not to have the prompt to delete the show, or not, after watching as well as no longer offering to show the next in series. Is there any time scheduled for a fix for this or is this now going to be a permanent non-feature?

tctc

Most Valued Poster

 • 

520 Messages

4 y ago


@MikiSunshine wrote:

This has been going on for the last week ever since I received the latest upgrade, 1.73.02 03/15/2017 13:11.

 

it is very annoying not to have the prompt to delete the show, or not, after watching as well as no longer offering to show the next in series. Is there any time scheduled for a fix for this or is this now going to be a permanent non-feature?


Maybe TiVo has a patent on this process so Comcast can't offer it any more?

tctc

Most Valued Poster

 • 

520 Messages

4 y ago


@MikiSunshine wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@MikiSunshine wrote:

This has been going on for the last week ever since I received the latest upgrade, 1.73.02 03/15/2017 13:11.

 

it is very annoying not to have the prompt to delete the show, or not, after watching as well as no longer offering to show the next in series. Is there any time scheduled for a fix for this or is this now going to be a permanent non-feature?


Maybe TiVo has a patent on this process so Comcast can't offer it any more?


Doesn't seem logical to me. This has been a feature of XFINITY for the last few years, at least. And you can't patent a feature, only how that feature is implemented. 


Sorry MisiSunshine, that was toungue-in-cheek, based on some other X1 capabilities that existed then sudden disappearance was attributed to patents...

Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24K Messages

4 y ago


@tctc wrote:

@MikiSunshine wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@MikiSunshine wrote:

This has been going on for the last week ever since I received the latest upgrade, 1.73.02 03/15/2017 13:11.

 

it is very annoying not to have the prompt to delete the show, or not, after watching as well as no longer offering to show the next in series. Is there any time scheduled for a fix for this or is this now going to be a permanent non-feature?


Maybe TiVo has a patent on this process so Comcast can't offer it any more?


Doesn't seem logical to me. This has been a feature of XFINITY for the last few years, at least. And you can't patent a feature, only how that feature is implemented. 


Sorry MisiSunshine, that was toungue-in-cheek, based on some other X1 capabilities that existed then sudden disappearance was attributed to patents...


I'm sure a Comcast person has seen the last few posts and has notified the engineers so they can fix it in the next update or two.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick
lightstorm22

Regular Contributor

 • 

188 Messages

4 y ago

Anyone use the TV Remote app? Based on recent reviews on the Google Play store, I'm not the only one who is seeing it lock up when you scroll through listings. This just started recently and someone I know with Cox Contour service, which is essentially the same app via X1, is having the same issue.

Frequent Visitor

 • 

6 Messages

4 y ago

I use the X1 TV remote to change channels and see what's on. Much better than the 3 line guide  X1 gives. Now It doesn't show 70% of the shows and my favorites disappeared. I saw mention in the iTunes ratings for the app a lot of upset people. They said it has something to do with an update. Also the streaming app will ask me if I want to delete a show on the DVR after watching it in the app and I chose yes but when I check the DVR it is still there.  

ThomT

Regular Contributor

 • 

184 Messages

4 y ago

I press D at the end of a show when the credits start and I am still getting the delete dialog box. 

 

However after deleting the show and returning to Recordings, I am getting the three dots that blink forever, and the list of recordings doesn't display.  To get the list back, I have to press another key on the remote and go back to Recordings to see the list.

 

I agree with the others who have commented that the programming and testing on X1 is very amateurish.

New Poster

 • 

1 Message

4 y ago


Our channels keep going back and forth... need to add... we do nothing ....try again channel comes right up.... this is crazy!!!!! Spoke with 2 different agents....NO HELP!!!!!!!!! Have to wait until "someone higher up calls me back"

Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24K Messages

4 y ago

until it is fixed, if you have the 3 alternating dots just hit the Xfinity button and saved menu again (works for me).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick
lightstorm22

Regular Contributor

 • 

188 Messages

4 y ago

Both the Xfinity TV Remote and Cox Contour apps got updates today (Android). Hopefully the lockup issue is gone. So far so good.

New to the Community?

Start Here