CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

8 years ago

@B_J_L wrote:

@adammusic22 wrote:
Did your box swap fix your issues?

My last option to fix my issues is to swap out my main box.

Having a tough time scheduled a maintenance tech to check street lines. Last tech said he would schedule it but never did.

I wasn't going to report back until I had a few more cycles of good days,  but I did do the swap yesterday, and after a lengthy setup process, everything came up working perfectly, and was perfect this morning.

There were a couple minor DVR issues with the swap, however.  First, everything did not transfer...I appear to have lost about half of what I had saved.  Interestingly, some of these appear available remotely.  Is there a way to redownload these to my current box?  Syncing appeared to do nothing.

I was watching a show that had recorded over the last few days, and I noticed a little 'cloud' icon on the bottom when the show was paused.  I interpret this to mean that this was recorded in the cloud, and/or I am watching it from the cloud (I also notice fast forwarding appears different while watching these recordings).  Anyway, after watching one of the shows, I get error messages when I say to delete it.  There are codes, and it says try again, or something, however, it appears to delete fine.  I also attribute this to it being a 'cloud' version.

One las thing that has absolutely nothing to do with any of this:  Series recordings:  How does one prevent reruns on some of the cable networks from being recorded?  I believe I know how to set series recordings properly..."new only"...etc, however, for some reason some repeats of Modern Family for example continue to record from USA.  They do not appear to be marked as repeats, which may be the problem, but I was just curious if this is a known issue, and is there a workaround?

Recordings can't be reloaded to a new dvr. You do have access to those recordings though either online or through the Xfinity tv app.

With series recordings, it is best to set up a recording through the guide on the actual channel that you want the series to record from. Per your example of Modern Family, delete the current series recording, then go the ABC affiliate in the guide, find Modern Family and set up the recording from there.

Problem Solver

• 

2.1K Messages

8 years ago

Hello Kaniac,

My apologies for your service issues. The team will take a look at your issue shortly.  Thank you for your patience!

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

8 years ago

I have fond that its not the DVR box, it's the sync of the boxes and correct connections of lines to outlets. Coding on Comcast part. Deep layer code, not survace. Correct booster placement and even amount of feed going to all lines. Tolerance range is critical to reduce feed back and excess noise suppression. Exterior cable to hub box, if more than 5 years old may need replaced.
The ratio of nodes to homes on that node is a major factor. Too many homes, reduced signal. Thus X-1 Will not work correctly.
I've spent 11 months working and training techs that come to work on system to get it to work.

My request to Comcast is for each field tech to have an X-1 System for free at their home, thus they can train themselves on system. This will let them troubleshoot issues and help resolve customer issues before they go to competitor.

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

8 years ago

Go to a saved episode. Click on the info button on remote. Cursor over to series info. Open and then go to episodes. Open and click on delete. It will ask you for this episode or all episodes. Delete all to clean out. When you want to record an episode or series, make sure you recorded NEC Episodes only.
Also to delete or reprioritise any series, you can also go to online DVR manager and fix series there.
Good luck

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

8 years ago

@B_J_L wrote:

@adammusic22 wrote:
Did your box swap fix your issues?

My last option to fix my issues is to swap out my main box.

Having a tough time scheduled a maintenance tech to check street lines. Last tech said he would schedule it but never did.

I wasn't going to report back until I had a few more cycles of good days,  but I did do the swap yesterday, and after a lengthy setup process, everything came up working perfectly, and was perfect this morning.

There were a couple minor DVR issues with the swap, however.  First, everything did not transfer...I appear to have lost about half of what I had saved.  Interestingly, some of these appear available remotely.  Is there a way to redownload these to my current box?  Syncing appeared to do nothing.

I was watching a show that had recorded over the last few days, and I noticed a little 'cloud' icon on the bottom when the show was paused.  I interpret this to mean that this was recorded in the cloud, and/or I am watching it from the cloud (I also notice fast forwarding appears different while watching these recordings).  Anyway, after watching one of the shows, I get error messages when I say to delete it.  There are codes, and it says try again, or something, however, it appears to delete fine.  I also attribute this to it being a 'cloud' version.

One las thing that has absolutely nothing to do with any of this:  Series recordings:  How does one prevent reruns on some of the cable networks from being recorded?  I believe I know how to set series recordings properly..."new only"...etc, however, for some reason some repeats of Modern Family for example continue to record from USA.  They do not appear to be marked as repeats, which may be the problem, but I was just curious if this is a known issue, and is there a workaround?

===

The  series recording has always had repeat issues. Andrew said "it is best to set up a recording through the guide on the actual channel that you want the series to record from" but that does fix all the repeat problems.  I have many series set up to record 'only new'  and set for a specific channel if that is offered as an option which is not always . Repeats often  show as 'new' in the guide so it records all of them and it can be very annoying.  I have this issue on many cable channels. I think it has something to do with the way the networks 'code' the shows and I don't think it has anything to do with Comcast or X1. USA, Lifetime, A&E, History channal are high on the list of repeats showing new.

It especially happens after a show has completed its season or getting ready to start new one and repeats show up as new over and over and over.  I have learned that if the time of the showing seems odd/ there is no season/episode number /the info description is generic...... then its a repeat. Since we record tons of series and I leave all the series recordings intact for the future I go thru my scheduled recordings every week and look for peats and repeats and I cancel 'just this episode' . Its a pain to do it but I don't want the repeats to record so gotta do what I gotta do.

I also get shows recorded that have the same name on different channels ...Bones and The Royals are two examples. I can't set new Bones series recording for FOX only and older episodes are  broadcast on other networks. There are two shows called The Royals. One is about the 'real' Royals in Britian and one is a tv drama  series on 'E' and even though I have the series on E set for 'E' only I still get the other one too so have to cancel those.

Contributor

• 

36 Messages

8 years ago

RE My series recordings:  I may have inadvertantly messed this up myself then.  I few months back when my DVR was getting full, I changed the recording options from HD, to SD, which probably broke the integrity of the instructions for this series.

Expert

• 

18K Messages

8 years ago

Duplicate Reply Removed

Contributor

• 

775 Messages

8 years ago

Im experiecing the repeat episodes being recording. I cant even watch them. I get error 03062. Tons of repeat episodes recorded. It was never this bad and seriously needs to be fixed. if Comcast is going to blame the Networks, then they need to reach out to them to get it fixed.

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

8 years ago

@B_J_L wrote:

RE My series recordings:  I may have inadvertantly messed this up myself then.  I few months back when my DVR was getting full, I changed the recording options from HD, to SD, which probably broke the integrity of the instructions for this series.

I don't think you messed it up at all by changing that option. I am sure its all about the way the networks 'code/mark' their programming.

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

8 years ago

@dgmc1 wrote:
Go to a saved episode. Click on the info button on remote. Cursor over to series info. Open and then go to episodes. Open and click on delete. It will ask you for this episode or all episodes. Delete all to clean out. When you want to record an episode or series, make sure you recorded NEC Episodes only.
Also to delete or reprioritise any series, you can also go to online DVR manager and fix series there.
Good luck

Nice try  but that simply will not  fix the problem because  'record new episodes only' does not stop the repeats that are marked 'new' by a network from being recorded. As long as networks continue to mark/code repeats as 'new'  we cannot do anything to stop them from recording.

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

8 years ago

Hi Crystal, 

My DVR says is 53% full, soo...? 

Secondly, are you saying that if it's more than 75% full (or in this case, more than 53% full), I should expect that it won't work anymore? What's the point of the capacity, then? Even my crappy old DVR worked up to 100%. 

Regular Contributor

• 

388 Messages

8 years ago

@dgmc1 wrote:

My request to Comcast is for each field tech to have an X-1 System for free at their home, thus they can train themselves on system. This will let them troubleshoot issues and help resolve customer issues before they go to competitor.

More likely it will make them not want to work for Comcast anymore.

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

8 years ago

@dgmc1 wrote:
I have fond that its not the DVR box, it's the sync of the boxes and correct connections of lines to outlets. Coding on Comcast part. Deep layer code, not survace. Correct booster placement and even amount of feed going to all lines. Tolerance range is critical to reduce feed back and excess noise suppression. Exterior cable to hub box, if more than 5 years old may need replaced.
The ratio of nodes to homes on that node is a major factor. Too many homes, reduced signal. Thus X-1 Will not work correctly.
I've spent 11 months working and training techs that come to work on system to get it to work.

I believe that Comcast employees do indeed get their system for a very reduced cost or even free. It is ludicrous to think that when we go in to a service center or talk with a tech on phone or in our home that they are not platform users. I know that the last time I was in the service center the rep admitted she had some of the same issues I do and she documented them and promised  to escalate but I have not been back nor have I heard anything. She was very knowledgeable.

Contributor

• 

775 Messages

8 years ago

I also just experienced the glitch where i try to resume watching a recording that i stopped watching later in the episode, where clicking resume just started me over.

This is probably the most buggy update ever.

Official Employee

• 

142 Messages

8 years ago

I tried to call you about this because I wanted to know if the XID was still giving you a black screen.  I also had a few questions for you.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here