CCGwen's profile

Contributor

 • 

235 Messages

Mon, Oct 6, 2014 2:00 PM

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

 

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

 

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

New Poster

 • 

3 Messages

6 y ago

 I'm having a problem with my recently installed X1 system.  If I start recording a show, and then later (20-30 mins) start watching it, the playback fails at some point (maybe the time I started watching? Not sure) but this is consistent, so I've tried to avoid the issue by always waiting until the recording finishes before I start watching.  However, I find this annoying and inconvenient.   I have a TiVo at another home that never has this problem.

 

Is there an update that fixes this?

New Poster

 • 

3 Messages

6 y ago

Sorry, but how is this help?  My issue is not pausing live programming, but starting to watch a program that is being recorded but before it has finished the recording.  Imagine I'm watching something else, but have scheduled a recording on another channel.  Assume that it is a one hour program.  Then I decide to start watching that recording after about 40 minutes of recording have completed.  At first, all is well as I'm watch the early part of the recording.  However, at some point, the playback stops and there appears to be nothing I can do about it. It is as if the action of starting to watch a recorded terminates the recording, even tho the whole program has not been recorded.  And by the time I realize, the program is over.  And even if I switch to live tv on that channel, I can't back up far enough to see the part I missed.

tctc

Most Valued Poster

 • 

520 Messages

6 y ago


@Turtle671 wrote:

Sorry, but how is this help?  My issue is not pausing live programming, but starting to watch a program that is being recorded but before it has finished the recording.  Imagine I'm watching something else, but have scheduled a recording on another channel.  Assume that it is a one hour program.  Then I decide to start watching that recording after about 40 minutes of recording have completed.  At first, all is well as I'm watch the early part of the recording.  However, at some point, the playback stops and there appears to be nothing I can do about it. It is as if the action of starting to watch a recorded terminates the recording, even tho the whole program has not been recorded.  And by the time I realize, the program is over.  And even if I switch to live tv on that channel, I can't back up far enough to see the part I missed.


I have a pretty long list of issues, but have not experienced that one, and I start watching recordings before they are done all the time.  The main issue I experience in that case, is when I start watching, stop, then go back, it starts over at the beginning again.  But haven't had it completely stop on me.

J-Mac

Regular Contributor

 • 

267 Messages

6 y ago

Problems with my RNG150N STB that just started this morning:

  • "Last" button stopped working; I get a message stating that "This feature is not currently working".
  • Guide appears after a delay and I can navigate around in the guide, but I cannot go to any channel. Clicking on any channel does nothing.
  • In order to change channels I must either scroll through channels with the Up/Down buttons until I reach the desired channel and then press OK. Doesn’t work about half the time. Instead it puts me on a nearby channel but not the one selected.
  • I can enter a channel number using the number pad but I don’t get sent to the selected channel. Instead I am sent to what seems to be random channels. After trying a number of times I can sometimes end up on the desired channel. Often times I must find another way - or go to a different room to watch TV.
  • The "Info" button only works intermittently. Sometimes the info window pops up after a fairly long delay. Other times nothing happens at all.
  • This just started on Monday, 11/2/2015. Box has worked fine since May until then.
  • I have one X1 DVR and four other Samsung RNG150N boxes. Only this one box has done this so far.

Nothing else has changed in my house; nothing moved around this box, no other equipment added or removed. I am not seeing any similar issues on other boxes so far. (Though I haven't yet checked two boxes on the third floor).  I changed out the batteries in my remote (even though I had just changed them three weeks ago), but that didn't seem to help any. Unfortunately I didn't notice if I am now on a different software or firmware as of today.

 

Any suggestions? Anyone else experienced similar issues? I did notice one other post above this one - from about a week or so ago - that mentions problems with the "Last" button behavior.

 

Thanks for any help!

 

Jim

J-Mac

Regular Contributor

 • 

267 Messages

6 y ago

Rick,

 

No signal problems on the box, and yes, it's on the same amp as all the rest. Cables and connections all appear to be good - all connections properly tight. No splitters that can be removed unfortunately. (I actually had to add one last year when I upgraded to a DOCSIS 3.0 modem. CC had no more gateways so they sent me a cable-only modem and instructed me to install a splitter to separate my phone and cable; still configured that way). TV only cables have only the 1->4 splitter in the outside box plus one other inside that was installed by the CC installers).

 

But.. good news anyway - all is working fine on that box now after an update was sent overnight. I can't say with certainty but I believe an update was probably sent the night before that caused the problems in the first place. Last night's update is the only change since my last post and all is working well again. Maddening!

 

Thanks!

 

Jim

Frequent Visitor

 • 

9 Messages

6 y ago

I had the EXACT same thing happen to me last night and tonight a number of my recordings have gone missing as well.

Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24.1K Messages

6 y ago

1.58.03 10/27/2015 fw 2.1p9s1 on mx011an arris DVR 

 

finally got p9 overnight. Still getting ghost listings after delete on saved/recordings. No XRE error message, "Your DVR service is not available right now. We are working to restore service as quickly as possible and should have your recordings ready soon". This will only clear with a reboot.

 

also when starting from menu xfinity>>saved>>recordings  after hit D to delete now i'm getting the 'last' menu on screen as if I hit the "last button. See no other changes in menu that I could discover.

joseravelo

Frequent Visitor

 • 

15 Messages

6 y ago

Wondering if you ever got this resolved, i'm having the exact same issue and comcast wants to charge 39.95 for a tech to come check things. 

XfinityZach

Official Employee

 • 

11.1K Messages

6 y ago

Hi joseravelo,

 

Were you able to get this resolved? 

Frequent Visitor

 • 

6 Messages

6 y ago

Hi all,  

 

I am having a problem where my video gets blocky and my audio drops.  I have dealt with it a while, but I am tired of dealing with it and want to get it fixed.  I have the X1 Pace PX001ANM, and get what I think is decent signal quality according to another thread with Download power of -4.3, Downstream SNR of 36.3, and Upstream power of 54.3.  Since my signal quality is ok, what is the recommendation of what I should do?


Thanks!

CCAndrew

Gold Problem Solver

 • 

25.9K Messages

6 y ago


@stevovfl wrote:

Hi all,  

 

I am having a problem where my video gets blocky and my audio drops.  I have dealt with it a while, but I am tired of dealing with it and want to get it fixed.  I have the X1 Pace PX001ANM, and get what I think is decent signal quality according to another thread with Download power of -4.3, Downstream SNR of 36.3, and Upstream power of 54.3.  Since my signal quality is ok, what is the recommendation of what I should do?


Thanks!


Your signal quality with an upstream of 54 is not "ok"( should be under 51). In comparison, your other bX1 box and modem are at a 46. Reduce/remove any unecessary splitters to gain both upstream and downstream signal levels and more than likely improve your service.

CCAndrew

Gold Problem Solver

 • 

25.9K Messages

6 y ago


@tcab wrote:

Yes, comcast installed the amplifier back in 2008.


Then you need to get a tech out to install a different model, or replace it with a splitter. That one you have now would've worked fine for your legacy equipment but not for the X1 boxes.

CCAndrew

Gold Problem Solver

 • 

25.9K Messages

6 y ago


@tcab wrote:

We just received the x1 system and have the same problem. The main box works, but the 3 mini (companion) boxes get stuck on a "connecting" message or sometimes receive an error RDK10000. Does anyone have a resolution on gettting the companion boxes working? 


Do you happen to have an amplifier in your house, your dvr's downstream is way too high.

New Poster

 • 

4 Messages

6 y ago

Thanks, we scheduled one for this week. The tech should come prepared with this? Or should we call to place a note on our appointment?


@CCAndrew wrote:

@tcab wrote:

Yes, comcast installed the amplifier back in 2008.


Then you need to get a tech out to install a different model, or replace it with a splitter. That one you have now would've worked fine for your legacy equipment but not for the X1 boxes.


 

New Poster

 • 

4 Messages

6 y ago

Yes, comcast installed the amplifier back in 2008.

New to the Community?

Start Here