CCGwen's profile

Valued Contributor

 • 

235 Messages

Mon, Oct 6, 2014 2:00 PM

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

 

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

 

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

New Poster

 • 

4 Messages

6 y ago

Thanks - I have talked with Comcast multiple times and they can't figure out why it won't activate, even with a replacement cable box we have no signal. I am waiting for a call back from their technical support because they needed to "research".

CCAndrew

Diamond Problem Solver

 • 

25.9K Messages

6 y ago

New X1 system main cable box in family room activated and works fine. X1 "mini" in bedroom won't connect whereas plugging in the standard HD cable box to the same cable and TV has good signal and TV works fine. So the issue is not with the cable itself or TV but with the X1 mini box. Replaced the X1 "mini" box at Comcast service center - same problem - "no signal". Comcast representative can't figure it out. Any ideas?
________________________

Just to clarify the X11 mini is the Xi3 and the HD standard box is a DTA. I ask because I see a dvr, xi3, and 3 DTAs on your account.

Did you try putting the dvr where you want the Xi3 and the Xi3 where the dvr is?

New Poster

 • 

4 Messages

6 y ago

I haven't tried that but I'd be very reluctant because I screwed up my multisystem Control4 remote in my family room by rebooting the main X1 DVR (hoping it might reboot the Xi3) and now have to have ListenUp return and set it up again.

New Poster

 • 

1 Message

6 y ago

I have the X1 box and can see all my recordings on all my devices but I get this issue everytime I try and watch a recording via the xfinity website. I have tried multiple computers and multiple web browsers over a time period of several days. 

 

 

Your connection has been interrupted.

(Error 500: Internal server error)

This may be a temporary issue so try again shortly.

Try Again

geek46

Expert

 • 

18K Messages

6 y ago

Just for grins, 

I can force an Audio-Out-Of-Synch on unsuspecting guests and the wife!!!!

 

Just turn on the Audio receiver (Optical from DVR to Receiver) and also crank up the TV's volume ( HDMI from DVR to TV )..... just to the point of being wierd!!!!

 

Works everytime....guests just sit there with a strange look on thier faces!!!

 

 

New Poster

 • 

4 Messages

6 y ago

Audio is out of sync with the picture on our X1 box. This all started in late February. Before this we had no problem with the box. A tech came out and replaced the box, but we still have the same issue with the new box. It's not the TV because we've tested other devices (DVD player, etc...) and it's fine.

 

A supervisor tech recently came out and basically had no idea what was causing it or how to fix it. If I had to guess I'd say it's software/firmware related.

 

Please help.

geek46

Expert

 • 

18K Messages

6 y ago


@HelpMeX1 wrote:

Audio is out of sync with the picture on our X1 box. This all started in late February. Before this we had no problem with the box. A tech came out and replaced the box, but we still have the same issue with the new box. It's not the TV because we've tested other devices (DVD player, etc...) and it's fine.

 

A supervisor tech recently came out and basically had no idea what was causing it or how to fix it. If I had to guess I'd say it's software/firmware related.

 

Please help.


When TECH replaced Box, what is the make/model of the new BOX?

How is your BOX connected to the TV?

Do you have an AUDIO Receiver in this mix?

 

-=Ray=- 

New Poster

 • 

4 Messages

6 y ago


@geek46 wrote:

@HelpMeX1 wrote:

Audio is out of sync with the picture on our X1 box. This all started in late February. Before this we had no problem with the box. A tech came out and replaced the box, but we still have the same issue with the new box. It's not the TV because we've tested other devices (DVD player, etc...) and it's fine.

 

A supervisor tech recently came out and basically had no idea what was causing it or how to fix it. If I had to guess I'd say it's software/firmware related.

 

Please help.


When TECH replaced Box, what is the make/model of the new BOX?

How is your BOX connected to the TV?

Do you have an AUDIO Receiver in this mix?

 

-=Ray=- 


Not sure what the make/model is of the box, I'll have to check. Box is connected to the TV via HDMI cord (which I replaced just to make sure it wasn't that). There is no audio receiver in the mix, sound just comes from the TVs speakers.

geek46

Expert

 • 

18K Messages

6 y ago


@HelpMeX1 wrote:
Not sure what the make/model is of the box, I'll have to check. Box is connected to the TV via HDMI cord (which I replaced just to make sure it wasn't that). There is no audio receiver in the mix, sound just comes from the TVs speakers.

It may explain things.... look in bottom right corner of front.... you will see XG1-A or XG1-P....

Pace is known for audio hiccups, Arris less so....although recent FW/STB updates seem to taking care of issues.... you could also check what version of FW/STB you have by looking in Settings..

 

-=Ray=-

 

New Poster

 • 

4 Messages

6 y ago


@geek46 wrote:

@HelpMeX1 wrote:
Not sure what the make/model is of the box, I'll have to check. Box is connected to the TV via HDMI cord (which I replaced just to make sure it wasn't that). There is no audio receiver in the mix, sound just comes from the TVs speakers.

It may explain things.... look in bottom right corner of front.... you will see XG1-A or XG1-P....

Pace is known for audio hiccups, Arris less so....although recent FW/STB updates seem to taking care of issues.... you could also check what version of FW/STB you have by looking in Settings..

 

-=Ray=-

 


The box says XG1-P on the front of the box. Other settings are as follows:

 

XRE Server Version: 1.50.08     3/19/2015

XRE Protocol Version: 2.8.0

Receiver Native Version: 2.0.0

STB Version: PX013AN 2.0p13s1

New Poster

 • 

4 Messages

6 y ago


@geek46 wrote:

@HelpMeX1 wrote:

The box says XG1-P on the front of the box. Other settings are as follows:

 

XRE Server Version: 1.50.08     3/19/2015

XRE Protocol Version: 2.8.0

Receiver Native Version: 2.0.0

STB Version: PX013AN 2.0p13s1


Interesting... that looks like a PACE V3 DVR....  I "had" oneof those when they first came out...  a lot of issued with Audio and especially with LAG ( box to X1 network ) ....trying to change channels and even turning ON were too much of a chore.... spent more time rebooting this box than using it...    I had it replaceed with an XG-1 A (Arris) and now have 2 of those in the home...no problems whatsoever now.   Well....  at least those I can live with!!!  : )

 

-=Ray=-


Thanks for the info. If I request an XG-1 A (Arris) to replace my current box will Comcast be willing to do that?

geek46

Expert

 • 

18K Messages

6 y ago


@HelpMeX1 wrote:

The box says XG1-P on the front of the box. Other settings are as follows:

 

XRE Server Version: 1.50.08     3/19/2015

XRE Protocol Version: 2.8.0

Receiver Native Version: 2.0.0

STB Version: PX013AN 2.0p13s1


Interesting... that looks like a PACE V3 DVR....  I "had" oneof those when they first came out...  a lot of issued with Audio and especially with LAG ( box to X1 network ) ....trying to change channels and even turning ON were too much of a chore.... spent more time rebooting this box than using it...    I had it replaceed with an XG-1 A (Arris) and now have 2 of those in the home...no problems whatsoever now.   Well....  at least those I can live with!!!  : )

 

-=Ray=-

geek46

Expert

 • 

18K Messages

6 y ago


@HelpMeX1 wrote:

@geek46 wrote:

@HelpMeX1 wrote:

The box says XG1-P on the front of the box. Other settings are as follows:

 

XRE Server Version: 1.50.08     3/19/2015

XRE Protocol Version: 2.8.0

Receiver Native Version: 2.0.0

STB Version: PX013AN 2.0p13s1


Interesting... that looks like a PACE V3 DVR....  I "had" oneof those when they first came out...  a lot of issued with Audio and especially with LAG ( box to X1 network ) ....trying to change channels and even turning ON were too much of a chore.... spent more time rebooting this box than using it...    I had it replaceed with an XG-1 A (Arris) and now have 2 of those in the home...no problems whatsoever now.   Well....  at least those I can live with!!!  : )

 

-=Ray=-


Thanks for the info. If I request an XG-1 A (Arris) to replace my current box will Comcast be willing to do that?


I don't know what your "market" has available....you may need to call into the local franchise and ask if you can do that.... some areas allow for Self-Install.... in your case, if it is available you should do it IMO....  You've already had enopugh Tech's out and lines replaced.... sounds like a bad box to me.

 

Good Luck!

 

-=Ray=-

New Poster

 • 

4 Messages

6 y ago

Having probs with my bedroom box, it used to do sleep mode and have the same prob so we leave it on 24/7 and it still does the prob.

the prob is when we hit guide it keeps saying it cant connect to the x1 platofrm, its getting to the point we have to watch the same channel all night, its driving my wife crazy since she likes to watch tv before going to sleep.

When I hit guide a yellow light is already on and a red one flashes and the blue circle light which we keep off comes on.

We cant even control the xfinity button.

Every buttton we touch it does the same thing,

I pulled the plug and reset it and still nothing.

 

HELP PLZ!!!

 

 

Frequent Visitor

 • 

16 Messages

6 y ago

I wanted to note that I saw an update come through on my box am still seeing the issue of the output resolution reverting back to 720p.  My STB version is PX013AN_2.014s1_PROD_HYBse.  XRE version is 1.51.04.  My TV is a Sony Bravia W630B.  Comcastneal noted in another thread that this was supposed to be fixed soon, so most of us were hoping that it would have come in the March updates.  Is there an updated ETA for this fix? 

New to the Community?

Start Here