Zipguns's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Tuesday, February 18th, 2020 6:00 PM

Closed

X1 - Pairing XR15-UQ Remote w/TCL TV & Vizio Sound Bar - Power Button Issue

Have gone through all the steps and had an Xfinity Tech visit. Same result - Everything works properly except the power button. It will only turn off the soundbar. Using codes 11756 for the TCL and 32454 for the Vizio. Countless resets(including cable box) and multiple codes have been tried. Xfinity Tech to report issue at his office. Anyone with similar issue and a resolution?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Zipguns wrote:

Have gone through all the steps and had an Xfinity Tech visit. Same result - Everything works properly except the power button. It will only turn off the soundbar. Using codes 11756 for the TCL and 32454 for the Vizio. Countless resets(including cable box) and multiple codes have been tried. Xfinity Tech to report issue at his office. Anyone with similar issue and a resolution?

are you setting up the TV then the sound bar?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Zipguns wrote:
Yes. TV then sound bar.

try turning up TV sound. press A+D on remote until LED changes color. type in 987 (full reset). press xfinity button and the screen should show the numbers to type in to pair the remote. skip sound bar. does the power button then control the TV power?

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

Yes. TV then sound bar.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

The 987 code does not work. 981 does. Then the power button turns the tv on and off. If I go onto the next step of pairing the sound bar, the power switch only cycles the sound bar.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have a Xfinity XiD-P (MODEL: Pace PXD01ANI) cable box, a new TCL 65Q825 QLED TV, and a VIZIO SB4051-C0 sound bar.   Couldn't get the XR15v2-UQ remote's Power, Volume or Mute button to work, nor could i figure out how to use it to control the sound bar.  

Xfinity tech support was worthless.

Solution was to connect the Vizio Sound Bar to the TCL TV withh an HDMI cord using the two components HDMI (ARC) ports.   Then, with the TCL Roku remote I followed the path Home/Settings/System/Control Other Devices (CEC) in order to have the TCL TV "Search for the CEC device", which was the Vizio Sound Bar.  This allowed me to control the Sound Bar volume with the TCL Roku remote.  

Then, I reset the Xfinity remote XR15v2-UQ (press A & D buttons simultaneously 5 seconds, then input 987) and programmed the remote using the 11756 code (press Xfinity & Mute buttons simultaneously, then input 11756).  This allowed me to control all TV and Sound Bar functions with the Xfinity XR15 remote.

Regular Visitor

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

Did you ever get this resolved?

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

Nope. I'm still using the TCL and XR15 remotes to power up and power down both devices.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

Glad you were successful in getting your system properly set up. I have the VIZIO SB3621N-E8 which does not have a HMDI ARC input, so i'm using a Digitail Optical Cable. So I'm still using the TCL and XR15 remotes to power up and power down both devices.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Did this ever get resolved? I have the same TV and soundbar, followed the same steps and have the same problem.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

No. I'm still using the TCL and XR15 remotes to power up and power down both devices separately.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hi I am new, just got two xr15-uq they came with thel batteries not installed, there was no tap to pull.

how can i get them paired batteries. to my tv sets? 

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Any luck since? I have the exact same issue as you. I won't hold my breath since only a month has passed.

Ironically, my older TCL TV along with my Vizio soundsbar was working out just fine. My newer TCL TV now presents the exact same problem you have where the power isn't working.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

No. I'm still using the TCL and XR15 remotes to power up and power down both devices separately.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I found a solution that works for my device combination...

TCL TV, Model 55S535 & Vizio Sound Bar, Model SB3621n-H8

1. Program XR15 remote for the TCL TV
    • Use code  11756
    • The XR15 remote now controls TV power and TV input
    • The XR15 remote should not control any aspect of the Sound Bar (yet)

2. DO NOT attempt to program the XR15 remote with a code for the Vizio Sound Bar

3. Program the Vizio Sound Bar to accept TV remote IR commands
    • Find your user manual at Vizio User Manual Search
    • Follow instructions to:
      • "Learn Volume Down"
      • "Learn Volume Up"
      • "Learn Mute"

4. Disable the speakers on your TCL TV
    • Settings -> Audio -> Speakers -> Off

Notes/Results:

• The XR15 remote will now control:
    • Xfinity Box
    • TCL TV Power