JR7243's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

Wednesday, November 1st, 2023 7:26 PM

Closed

x1 inputs

how do I change source input with X1 remote? 

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.8K Messages

10 months ago

how do I change source input with X1 remote? 

On some sets pressing an Xfinity remote's "TV Input" button to choose an input source and then pausing for a few seconds will change to that input. But other sets require the user to press an Enter or Select or OK key to switch to the new source. If your set requires an Enter/Select/OK button press, you won't be able to use the X1 remote to change the input. X1 remotes send Enter/Select/OK to cable boxes, but not to TV sets.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

10 months ago

@JR7243, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support! It depends on what remote you have but on most of them, look at the bottom right where it says TV input. 

1 Message

my tv input is on d-sub and then it says no signal. I think I may have pushed a wrong button, but not sure how to get my tv back. can u help?

Official Employee

• 

961 Messages

Hi @user_a67f8d Your remote should have an input button, click it, and it should change the inputs on your tv. You may have to click it more than once to connect to the input your Xfinity services are on. You can also use your TV remote to change the inputs as well. Lets us know if you still have any questions.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

How do you pair x1 remote to tv & reciever ?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @user_punpoa, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media. 

To pair your X1 remote with your TV and receiver, you'll typically need to follow a few steps. Keep in mind that the exact process may vary depending on your specific TV and receiver models. Here's a general guide:

1. Turn on your TV and receiver:

• Ensure that both your TV and receiver are powered on.
  2. Point the X1 remote at the TV:

• Make sure there are no obstructions between the remote and the TV.
  3. Press the "Xfinity" button:

• Press the "Xfinity" button at the top of the remote. This will activate the remote.
  4. Enter the programming code for your TV:

• On the remote, press and hold the "Setup" button until the LED at the top turns green.
    • Enter the programming code for your TV. You can find a list of TV codes in the Xfinity remote manual or on the Xfinity website.
  5. Test the remote:

• After entering the code, press the "Power" button to test if the remote can turn your TV on and off. If it works, you've successfully programmed the TV.
  6. Programming the receiver (optional):

• If you want to control your receiver as well, repeat the process by entering the programming code for your receiver after pressing the "Setup" button.
  7. Test the remote with the receiver:

• After entering the receiver's code, test the remote by adjusting the volume or muting the sound to ensure it's working with your receiver.
  8. Finish the setup:

• Once you've successfully programmed both the TV and receiver, press the "Setup" button again to exit the programming mode.

If you encounter any issues or if these general steps don't work for your specific devices, please feel free to reach out and we're happy to help. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here