Tek's profile

Problem Solver

• 

642 Messages

Wed, Jul 20, 2022 12:56 AM

X1 Guide not linking to Paramount+ App

I use the X1 Guide to launch directly to shows and episodes on Paramount Plus, but it stopped working this week. Launching a show from the X1 Guide on Paramount + only opens the app now. Previously, it would load you directly into the episode you selected. 

Any idea why? 

This was one of the best integrations with X1 and now it doesn't work. 

Official Employee

• 

286 Messages

2 m ago

Hello @Tek Thank you for reaching out over our Community Forum page. Can you tell me exactly what you are selecting first with your remote? I want to make sure that we are on the same page here. The reason that I ask is that there is the Paramount channel and then there is the Paramount+ app with our X1 equipment. I can select a program from the Paramount channel using the guide. Anything from Paramount+ will automatically launch the app. 

Tek

Problem Solver

• 

642 Messages

@XfinityRobertA​ I am referring to the Parmount+ Streaming App. If for example, I search for Big Brother on X1 and then Click Launch on Paramount + it opens the App, but drops me at the Paramount + app home screen and I have to find the episode I want in the app. Previously, it would play the show I selected in the X1 guide. Hulu, Netflix, and HBO Max still work fine. If I select the show in the X1 interface then it launches me directly into the episode on that app. 

Not the case with Paramount+ now. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

286 Messages

@Tek I do wish that I could send you what I am seeing on my screen. My system launches the episode correctly. Am I correct in saying that you are selecting the watch option of the Paramount+ app from the Available screen and not from what's free? I know that you have an X1 TV box, but can you tell me if it is a DVR or an HD TV box? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

286 Messages

2 m ago

@Tek I do get what you are saying. I literally just tried what you said. I said Big Brother into my voice remote and I was given some options at the top of the screen. The options are Available>Free>Upcoming. The Free was automatically selected. Once I chose the episode that I wanted to watch I was given more options. Play free to me, Watch Options are the 2 that I needed. The 2 main options that I had on  the next screen were Free HD from CBS or launch the Paramount plus. If I was to go back and select Available instead of free, the only option that would work is to launch the Paramount+ app. To sum things up, the guide will launch any episode that's free whereas the paramount+ app will need to be launched for any available episodes. 

Tek

Problem Solver

• 

642 Messages

2 m ago

@XfinityRobertA  Yes, but when I click Launch Paramount + it takes me to the Apps home screen and I have to go find the episode within Paramount + myself.

Prior, launching from X1 would play the episode in Paramount + without me finding it within the app. 

If I search for Stranger Things in X1 and select an episode on X1 it launches Netflix directly into that episode. That is what Paramount + used to do. Now all it does it launch me into the app and I need to click 100 times in the Paramount + app to find the episode I already selected in X1. 

I think I am being misunderstood. 

(edited)

Tek

Problem Solver

• 

642 Messages

1 m ago

Any updates on this?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here