galerie's profile

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

Wednesday, January 25th, 2023 5:32 PM

Closed

X1 DVR recordings pixelating...still

This issue has been going on for some time now - each time I am told the same thing, refresh the box, reset the box, the signal is good, blah,blah,blah.   I have rewired all the coax cable and only have 1 3 way splitter on the line coming into the house.  It gets to the point that I can't even watch the shows i record.  This happens with recordings on both the DVR X1 box and the extra box that I have in another room.   However when I test using the xfinity stream app everything is fine,  no pixelation -    What else can be done to troubleshoot this - can I get a tech to check the line outside because I know the lines inside are fine.  Can I get a new box to see if its this DVR that is bad.   I am about to cancel this service if Xfinity can't fix this issue.   I pay too much to constantly have this issue

Accepted Solution

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

2 years ago

I reverted back to my older cable modem Arris SB8200 and the issues are fixed - the pixelating was due to the Motorola Cable Modem MB8611

Problem Solver

• 

393 Messages

@galerie Thank you so much for getting back in touch with our Xfinity Forum community to let us know that a change of your personal modem was needed and has successfully resolved the pixelation issues on your DVR programming.

Shared resolutions like this are always beneficial to educate and assist our community members if they happen to be experiencing a similar problem, so your follow-up is much appreciated!

I no longer work for Comcast.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

2 years ago

Hello and thank you for posting here with this concern, this sounds like we may need to look into the lines in your home or replace the cable box. If the app lays the recording well then this means there's an issue with some equipment on site. We can help with getting a tech out if needed, or if you'd like to try swapping the box first you can do so by visiting any local Xfinity service center. To find the nearest service center to your home please click on this link (https://www.xfinity.com/support/service-center-locations). If you would like to proceed with a tech please send us a private message with your full name and street address. 

To send a "Direct Messaging" message to Xfinity Support:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3kajO4e
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it
See https://comca.st/2XfS9FQ for an example.

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityAmir​ I recently upgraded to the latest X1 box but twice it has gone crazy with part of the screen showing a perfectly clear picti=ure and the rest of the screen random pixels. Both times a system refresh returned everything to normal. Is this a problem with the box?

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Here is the equipment I have

AR AX014ANC

X1 TV Box

Family RoomSerial #: M11804TG2177

Internet & Voice

Your modems and WiFi routers

TECHNICOLOR CGM4331COM

Voice and Data Modem

TECHNICOLOR CGM4331COMSerial #: AC4CA543A6AE

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

An Xfinity tech swapped out the settop box today so hopefuly this resolves the problem

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here