U

Monday, July 8th, 2024 6:44 AM

X1 box

The X1 box is absolute GARBAGE 🗑️ 

Every one of them should be tossed in recycle. Serious rhetorical question…why? How can a company the size of Comcast/Xfinity continue to supply paying customers with this junk? Do you really just not care? Greed? AT&T fiber runs circles around Xfinity & I would still have them, but they are not available to a home I bought last year. I’m not joking, I work in tech & the X1 box is a joke in 2024. It is suuuuuuper slow. Everything has a delay. It’s clunky. Big & did I mention SLOW? I hate this box with every fiber in my being. And it’s not just inconvenient. It literally inhibits what I want & need to do. Seems all you get from xfinity is excuses & the ol’ round & round. Truth is, the front line employees know they are selling & trying to defend garbage. I don’t blame them. I blame corporate. They always have plenty of money for commercials announcing that they are the gold standard & the greatest ever. It’s nonsense. The X1 box should have been obsolete at least 10 years ago. I would really appreciate some solid answers. Tho, I doubt I will ever get them. VERY dissatisfied & unhappy customer. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

3 months ago

user_2uuteq Thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forums. I'm truly sorry to hear about your frustration with the X1 box. It's clear that you've had a disappointing experience, and as someone who works in tech, you have a high standard for what should be expected in terms of performance and reliability. I'd like to help address these issues and find a resolution for you. I think we should start by troubleshooting the problems you're having with the X1 box. Often, issues like slowness and delays can be improved with a few adjustments or by exploring different settings. Additionally, I can check if there are any updates or upgrades available that could enhance its performance. To get started, please send our team a Direct Message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account. 

To send a "Direct Message" message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list that appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here