L

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 31st, 2022 1:23 PM

Closed

X1 Box Work Off Ethernet Only?

Does X1 Box Work Off Just Ethernet Or Does Coaxial Need To Be Plugged In Also? I'm Moving My TV And Its New Location Only Has a Data Jack, Trying To Find Out If I Need To Run Coax To It Also.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

2 years ago

It depends on the box model. The XG series are RF cable only. The Xi series can use WiFi (and maybe Ethernet?) but require a Comcast gateway.

Problem Solver

• 

339 Messages

2 years ago

Hi,@LorenS! Welcome to the XFINITY forums page. We thank you for your time and patience while waiting for a response. We appreciate you greatly for using this outlet to ask a video service question like this. You have reached the perfect virtual door to knock on for seeing if you can use our set-top box via an ethernet connection to your gateway. After further research, I see that our xi5 and xi6 set-top boxes are actually wireless boxes so you can actually connect it wirelessly to your Wifi network instead of using an ethernet cord. How does this sound?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

2 years ago

adding... the ethernet connector on the set top boxes is not set in the firmware to have any function (not used at all by xfinity)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here