Josephine1's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, May 7th, 2020 12:00 PM

Closed

X1 box stuck on “Welcome. Bienvenido. Bienvenue.” No signal cable

Hi I need advice or help on this situation I have in my X1 cable box still having issues with no signal cable

Accepted Solution

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

It seems to be a common issue with Xfinity Set top boxes.  Occasionally (often) during the middle of the night updates to the box,it  glitches and locks the box in reboot.  It has happened here twice now in the last two months.  Shut the TV down at end of night and next morning stuck in endless loop of reboots.  Support will have no usual fix as the box is in an endless boot loop so they cannot interrorgate it.  Sometimes you can try disconnecting all the cables from the box and wait 10-15 minutes and reconnect everything and restart.  But unfortunately you usually will be stuck back in the “Welcome. Bienvenido. Bienvenue” loop.  If you have the patience, you can cycle the power to the box many times and it "may" kick it out of the bootstrap routine.  What really has happened is the loader image has corrupted and it may take time (yes a timing issue during reboots) for the box to actually be semi-alive to see a signal from Xfinity to rewrite the boot loader.  That's why you may have to cycle power repeatedly or just wait.  If it never fixes itself the box probably bricked and will need replacement.  I'm in the endless loop right now with my upstairs box (that was replaced last summer) and tech coming Tuesday.  another box replacement I'm sure.  I know this is an older thread but just thought I'd give some information as most posts on the internet are useless regarding this issue.  The pain is real and so is the issue.  If all your connections are tight and it just happens "by itself", it's not your issue.  It's equipment related.  Good luck all.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Josephine1 wrote:
Hi I need advice or help on this situation I have in my X1 cable box still having issues with no signal cable

do you have more than one set top box? is your internet working properly? Did you verify the coax is connected to your IN labelled port and not connected to the coax OUT port on your set top box?

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I am experiancing the same issue, it started yesterday. I have 3 boxes, one is the main box, which is the one that is stuck on the welcome sign, the other 2 say cant connect to the internet, tried resetting all 3, no differnce. 

Does this mean it is the 'main box' that is defective, not athe other 2?

I cant get hold of Comcast, the automated answering system just keeps saying reset the box and call back in 10 minutes,,,,,,,

there should be an option to talk to a human being. and that is not an option.

- guess it is back to watching nexflix, the internet does work.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I have the same problem. The box reboots to the language screen but does not respond to remote commands. No time is indicated on the box, just 00:00. My telephone and internet works but not the X1 box or the auxillary box.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Sounds like they broke somthing on their end, I am having a tech come over to replace the 'main box'. But it sounds like this is somthing else. I am in Peoria, IL.

I'll update this post with the outcome of the visit. Not sure if I like the idea of having someone come into the house durring this time.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@oldfart59 wrote:

Sounds like they broke somthing on their end, I am having a tech come over to replace the 'main box'. But it sounds like this is somthing else. I am in Peoria, IL.

I'll update this post with the outcome of the visit. Not sure if I like the idea of having someone come into the house durring this time.

was that outlet working?  are other set top boxes working? if so check the cable connection for tighneess.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Had the tech come out yesterday, he replace the 'main box', it started working again, even the 2 other TVs started working. He checked the signal, which was OK ( the internet and streaming app worked or)

So for some reason the 'main box' broke. All is working now. It had noting to do with connections.

So I suggest everyone ask to get the 'main box' replaced.

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

4 years ago

This is exactly what I feared. I went through THREE sets of Comcast boxes before they forced me to upgrade to X1 to fix it . I was so mad that I just said **** it and went for the upgrade. No surprise, two years later the boxes are once again failing...

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Congrats- I have the same problem but casn't find anyone to complain to- I just get referred to the same old articles that don't apply.  This is really pitiful customer service.  Had to come to customer forums just to learn it's probably a bad box.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Did they ever solve your problem?  I've been screaming at their automated system.  Apparenly their box is garbage and their service is worse.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@cactusgrl wrote:

Did they ever solve your problem?  I've been screaming at their automated system.  Apparenly their box is garbage and their service is worse.

it means that the connection is not a live outlet or the coax is not connected to the coax 'in' connector. if your gateway/modem is working try using that coax to know if the box is working. what is your wiring/splitter/amp set up?

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

tech come out, he added an amplifier on my line, and replace the 'main box'. no I have this monster of a signal amp where my cable comes into the house. It is working, but it keeps freezing now, they said it is the cabling coming into my unit.

But it is 'working'. Definitly liked DTV's equipipment better

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

it just happened to me after having no signal for 2 days. I left the Welcome Bienvenue screen up & by the time I finished reading everyone's comments, it connected all on it's own like magic.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Same problem the past month since I've returned to Comcast. WiFi is fine. Box randomly restarts and get stuck in this Welcome menu. I've checked all the connections, and they're fine. Then it works for 5-7 days, and the same thing happens. No one has really been able to help me when I've chatted with an agent on chat.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

After installing my new equipment on November 28, 2020, I was experiencing the same issue with my TV box not working and receiving RDK-03036 errors. I was told the TV box gets it's signal from the DVR box in order to work. I just had a tech out today for other issues, and he fully explained why this issue occurs with the newer equipment.

He was the third tech I had out in a week and was the most knowledgeable. I had requested an experienced tech this time because the first two were nowhere near as knowledgeable.

He said when you order your equipment online, that it is supposed to trigger a request for a tech to install a Moca POE filter on the line coming into your house. This ensures the TV boxes are communicating with the DVR box.

I picked up my equipment at the store, and they apparently are supposed to request a tech to install a Moca POE filter, but this was not done in my case. Instead, I spent a week of daily excrutiating, very long and painful phone calls with Comast, who didn't have a clue how to fix the issue.

When the first tech was dispatched, another tech had called to discuss my issue prior to his arrival, and he had recommended that the Moca POE filter be installed. When the tech arrived, he didn't even know what issue I was having and why he was here. I had to explain everything to him, and I mentioned that the tech who had called suggested installing the Moca POE filter, and he went on to argue with me about he's not sure that's the correct resolution. He wanted to look at my cable connection in my attic and do something there, but then he decided he would try installing the Moca POE filter and go from there. Voila! It seemed to work and I have not had an issue with my TV box since.

I'm venting now, so please bear with me.

I also had my landline stop working. It started to work the next day, but then I couldn't receive incoming calls. Then my internet connection kept dropping frequently. This all happened in the first week after installing my new equipment.

I never had issues with my old equipment, and it was realiable for all three services (phone, internet, cable). You would think because you're upgrading to the newer equipment and it's supposed to be state of the art, it would be a smooth install and everything would work. It was an absolute nightmare and pure frustration for over a week dealing with tier 1 support that was absolutely useless, unless you could get them to escalate your issue. Then, you have to wait 48 hours or longer to hear back. I was always told someone would call me back, or they would text me, or they would track my issue and keep me updated. None of this occurred! It took more phone calls to get any response whatsoever.

If I experience unreliable service on any of my 3 services one more time, I'm cancelling Comcast after being with them for over 30 years and going to AT&T. Perhaps, AT&T would even help me pay my penalty for cancelling. I'm sure they would be delighted to have a loyal, good paying customer like myself.

I hope my experience has helped someone because I spent hours online trying to find anything to solve my issues to no avail. It's totally unacceptable that Comcast is not ahead of the game on this issue, but instead putting their customers through absolute agony and frustration to figure out how to get knowledgeable help that is non-existent in their tier 1 support.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here