Crawford51's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, April 14th, 2020 6:00 PM

Closed

x1 box stuck on the welcome screen

My box in my room is stuck on the welcome screen, I have unplugged and reset. It won't go past that screen. Do anyone know how to fix this problem?

Official Employee

• 

7K Messages

4 years ago

Hello Crawford51. Thank you for joining the Xfinity Forums and for creating your first post. I can assist with troubleshooting your X1 box issue. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name so I can assist you. You can click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile and send me a private message. Click "Send a private message" and private message me.

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

4 years ago

I'm having the same problem. Re- booted several times as well as re -booting my gateway. Issue will not go away. I have 2 X1 boxes,one works and the other one is stuck at Welcome. Any ideas?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Mine is also stuck on the Welcome Screen.  Also doesn't appear to recognize the Voice Remote.  I've tried A&D to unpair and various other pair options.  Stuck on pop-up about unpairing remote but no way to get to the OK button.

This box is unlike the others in my house.  All the others connect via coax, this one is just connected via the wifi.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@azbmiller wrote:

Mine is also stuck on the Welcome Screen.  Also doesn't appear to recognize the Voice Remote.  I've tried A&D to unpair and various other pair options.  Stuck on pop-up about unpairing remote but no way to get to the OK button.

This box is unlike the others in my house.  All the others connect via coax, this one is just connected via the wifi.

is it an xr11 or xr15 remote?  note that sometimes when firmware is updated, and your remote flashes red/green when you press a button you just unplug the set top box (or do the system reset) and then the remote will be 'known' again. it seems that sometimes the set top box does not properly load the configuration files for the connected-by-rf remotes.  working after the reboot or system reset?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have same issue with my Xfinity box. Whats need to be done

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_b84164 Hello and thanks for letting us know you are experiencing issues with your X1 box. I can help look into this to see what is causing the problem. Have you also attempted to reboot the equipment or do any additional troubleshooting via our MyAccount app? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here