OldMuck's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, May 14th, 2024 7:07 PM

X Voicemail app removed from TV

I am a senior citizen and hard of hearing.who has been a loyal Comcast customer for 15 years. I depended on reading the voicemails on my TV. I am so depressed to find out Comcast has removed this wonderful application.  Why do we keep paying more for less services??? Shame on you Comcast, I think I' ll finally go buy a new ROKU TV. Good bye to you Comcast!!!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 months ago

I TOTALLY AGREE! I have been a loyal customer for over 12yrs. I LOVED THAT TV VOICEMAIL FEATURE!! Some times you can't hear too well over the phone but I could always read it or listen over the TV, which seemed to be louder. Also, I had important msgs saved and I could refer back to them when needed. Now, I'm gonna have to listen to a whole list of msgs to get to the one I want. And if I miss something, I'm going to have ro replay the whole msgs: whereas, on the tv, I could read it and take notes of what I needed. WHY DON'T YOU LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE WHO USE THE FEATURES?! 

The changes you make aren't user friendly by any means. Example: on the apps screen there are OVER 150 app icons!! (I stopped counting at 152, with many more left) For what? Featured, popular, more featured, new n recommended, etc....what the heck?! What is popular to you I may not care about. And why is there an xfinity stream app on the TV? Isn't that a mobile app? These icons are so small, I can't even tell what they say or what the are. 

Another thing, I used CC alot because the sound is low on some stations. Before these ridiculous changes, I would press the A button, go down to CC, press OK to turn it on. Simple. Now,  I follow these same 3 steps but instead of being done,  I now get another screen with a bunch of useless icons and no where on that screen is the CC on;  yet,  it's called the Accessibility home screen. I have to go to the settings icon then I'm finally at closed caption..... which is the same screen if I went to the 'gear' then accessibility settings. You took something that was 3 steps and made it 7.

I was forced into the X1 upgrade and they have constantly removed useful services n apps from the box. I have had consistent problems with my triple play services for almost 3 hrs (June will be 3 yrs). These past 18 months, all they have done is remove features I use, channels I watch, and increased the bill; and the service is even worse. At this point, I would never recommend xfinity because I wouldn't want people to go thru what I have. Xfinity has these commercials about their great service, customer appreciation, fast wifi and tv.... these are all lies. Customer service has been no help; if they appreciated their customers, they would leave features alone that we ALL seem to want; my wifi disconnects multiple times a day (my PC is hard-wired, and the internet drops there too); and as for their fast TV, my dad has verizon and we'll video call each other to watch certain shows (he lives 12min away) and my tv is almost 4 minutes behind his. I don't like change but what I dislike even more is not getting good service, especialy when I'm paying a premium price! Therefore, I will be changing ALL OF MY SERVICES! Xfinity, you're not the only provider out here so you think you would try to keep your loyal customers, especially with your high prices. I'M DONE WITH XFINITY!!!! BYEEEE

(edited)

1 Message

4 months ago

My wife has a handicap and gets messages from her doctors. She has difficultly using a computer and doesn't have a cell. She is troubled that she can no longer  get her messages.

Also there is no way to know if a caller left a message without stop watching TV, get my cell out or my computer. 

We have had a comcast xfinity account since 1996. Version is installing Fiso cable into our Subdivision now. We'll be switching even if they don't have on screen messages. Xfinity keeps costing more and getting worse. We lost connection 3 time last month. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_n8k6sz Thank you for your feedback and we understand that when we retired the Voicemail App from TV it certainly was going to impact some more than others. We recommend going here to view the other methods to access voicemail.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

ALL MY LANDLINE FEATURES GONE CALL HISTORY BLOCKING CALLER ID

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

kenbar29 Hello! Please send us a Direct Message with your full name and address. We'll be happy to look into this for you. Here are instructions on how to send us a DM in case you need them:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here