pghyndman's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, February 8th, 2024 7:00 PM

Work around for smart resume not properly syncing

We've had difficulty with "smart resume" not properly syncing. Specifically fast FWD goes beyond the yellow marker and then returns too far back, making you have to wade through more commercial time. It is also difficult to FWD beyond that spot, as the system kicks back to where is prematurely stopped (arrrgh!). In researching on this site, I find Comcast/Xfinity acknowledge the issue but offer no fix, but...

Tada, there is a work around using the 30-second skip feature. Simply initiate the Smart Resume as normal but, when it stops, instead of waiting for it to play the extra 30 seconds or so to get to the actual point you wanted to be, initiate the 30 second skip. This will bring you almost spot on to where you wanted to be, as opposed to simply using fast FWD which always locks back to the premature stop. The 30 second skip also works on streamed programs in spots that fast FWD is not otherwise allowed, just go forward in repeated 30 second jumps instead of being locked out of faster advancing.

For those unfamiliar with the 30 second skip I've copied the procedure below:

On your XFINITY remote, press the Exit button three times and then the numbers 0030. You won't get any feedback from your TV that the programming has changed, but you can confirm that it works by playing a recorded program and pressing the Page Up button. The program should advance by 30 seconds.

Official Employee

• 

709 Messages

4 months ago

@pghyndman we appreciate you taking time out of your day to create this post, and for being so detailed on the steps you have taken. I'm sure other Xfinity Forums will try this helpful work around, thank you. 

1 Message

2 months ago

This is not an issue. They do it on purpose. The last couple commercials that Smart Resume shows “by mistake” are almost always for the network the recording is from. Hmmm, very clever Xfinity. Greed will always find a way.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here