SamsPookie's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Thursday, January 16th, 2020 4:00 AM

Closed

Wireless headphones

The old box had red white ports where i connected my husband's wireless.  He is very hard of hearing. 

We now have the new xfi cable box, and there is nowhere to connect the headphones.  Our TV is an older model LG smart but the audio out Jack is broken. 

Do I have to go back to the old box?

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@SamsPookie wrote:
That helps a lot. Thanks

i use this one (was a gift) Q20 https://www.amazon.com/s?k=anker+soundcore+headphone&ref=nb_sb_noss_1 

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

If I purchase bluetooth headphones I can just send the signal from Xfinity tools

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

The old box was also xfinity. When I upgraded my service they sent a new box.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

Without knowing what your old box was, there are x1 boxes that have the necessary audio ports. Why did you change equipment? Your present box also allows for pairing Bluetooth headphones

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@SamsPookie wrote:
If I purchase bluetooth headphones I can just send the signal from Xfinity tools

not sure what you mean on tools. the headset has to have its own volume control as the bluetooth is not usable without the amplifier. I use a powered bluetooth headphone with volume up/down control. be sure to purchase at a place that allows (easy) returns in case you don't like it. you do have to pair over and over with some x1 set top firmware updates. 

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

That helps a lot. Thanks

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

This is the one I've been looking at
Thanks so much.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Can I use my AirPods without blocking the sound for everyone else? I just need something to allow me to hear the TV without having to turn up the volume

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@SillyJilly wrote:

Can I use my AirPods without blocking the sound for everyone else? I just need something to allow me to hear the TV without having to turn up the volume

no. you need a headphone with a built in volume amplifier that you can use to control the volume level.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Hi 

I have a Xfinity XG1 box and trying to set up my air pods pro and don't have option for Bluetooth option in the setting anymore. How else can I hook up my wireless buds. please advise.

Thx,

Sean

This comment has been converted into a post

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I recently paired new headphones to xfinity but I have to go to the menu each time to connect. That is a pain.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here