DontKnowJack's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Saturday, February 6th, 2021 2:00 AM

Closed

Why is the X1 Cable Box so slow to change Channels. Like 3 seconds vs 1/2 second from old DTA?

Why is the X1 Cable Box so slow to change Channels. Like 3 seconds vs 1/2 second from old DTA?

Comcast rep insisted that I change my DTA for an X1 box because he said it was time and it was a number of years old. 

The old DTA I could scroll though my channels relatively quickly but the Cablebox is extremely slow .

Why is the older DTA so much faster then the Newer X1 Cablebox? 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

4 years ago

I assume you are the person also asked this on AVS Forum. Several responses there:

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r33025512-Why-is-the-X1-box-so-much-slower-to-load-channels-then-DTA

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

The biggest reason the X1 DTA is a back forth communication, and needs a clean cable connection.
The old DTA is one way communication

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

4 years ago

And DVR's and even some newer non-DVR's have a buffer that can cause a short delay. Even my old DCX-3400 legacy box took 2-3 seconds to change channels.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

4 years ago

Thank you, DontKnowJack for reaching out to us over our Community Forums! You ask a great question! Our X1 System has a lot more features, and entertainment options than classic cable TV boxes. With X1, you experience TV and Internet together like never before with advanced search, personalized recommendations, apps at home and on the go. https://comca.st/3oZvtBN

If you feel that the operation is just to slow, we can take a look at the signal levels to your home, to ensure you are getting the best value from your services. 

If you would like us to take a look, please send me a Private Message. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartinR" then select "Send a Message" on the right side. 

Thank you! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here