Streamlinemod's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Tuesday, October 13th, 2020 10:00 AM

Closed

Why is the Amazon Prime App not working on our Comcast X1 Box? Do you know?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSiruGsgSKY&t=5s

Here's the set-up: Samsung 2015 TV (non-smart) going to brand-new Comcast X1 Box. Software is updated every day on X1 Box. X1 Box is connected to the TV using the proper HDMI cable. The X1 Box and the TV have been unplugged for several minutes and then plugged back in. The remote is brand new and batteries have been tested. Amazon Prime membership is up to date and good. I logged out of the Amazon Prime app and then logged back in with a new passcode generated by Amazon's website. The Samsung TV's software is up to date. Even the Comcast service person sent out to the house couldn't figure out what was wrong. Amazon is saying it's a Comcast problem. And vice-versa. Neither Amazon Prime programs or pay to rent programs work when you click play. It's random what will play when we click on it. All of this started at about the beginning of September 2020. What the heck is going on? Thanks in advance for any help. And yes, that is a chonkified English shorthair cat behind our TV.

Accepted Solution

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

4 years ago

FYI for folks, as of today (12/22) Amazon prime video was still not working for one of my mom's X1 box/TVs.  Another TV did work.   If also see this, below may help. Good luck! 

We fixed by added steps suggested earlier (Oct or so) that hadn't help much then but did fix Mom now. Basically, deregister that X1 box/TV with Amazon, (amazon site, account, devices...)reboot that X1 box. Then, restart X1 Prime Video app & complete login/register device with Amazon account again (follow screen instructions or complete via same amazon site account area above).  

Not sure why that TV needed this extra step, but went quickly & she is now happily using Prime Video again!

Few details - problem TV was Xi3 (client/smaller X1 box) & Sammsung SUHD TV

the now working with this extra step was XG1 (main DVR, pace older STB) & older (non-smart/SUHD) HDTV TV

issue today was .. X1 PV app loaded, who's viewing too.., but when select video to watch, errored with message saying ... unable to load the page, go to home or close & restart app. Earlier issues were similar and/or app not loading properly to start, didn't capture exact behavjor every time from her ...

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Exactly my problem and in the same time frame.  I can watch it on my ipad, my laptop and my phone. Sure I could hook my laptop up via an HDMI but I used to just speak into my remote and say, "Prime Video", choose a show and it would start right up!  I've tried everything suggested by Amazon help, but nothing works.  Come on, Comcast!!!  Help!!!

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Hi Forrestfire,

Same exact thing. The shows that won't work on the X1 box work fine streaming on my computer. The Netflix app works perfectly on the X1 box too. Do you happen to have a Samsung TV too? I feel like both Amazon and Comcast know what's going on but they haven't solved it and rather than admit there's a problem, they're letting us flail out here. Just tell us the truth! 

Cheers,

Tracy

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Unfortunately I can't add anything new, other than my problem seems worse in that sometmes I can't get beyond "Who's Watching" on the TV. Problem basically started end of September. What is the purpose of the "Apps and Subscriptions" menu option? I've registered the tv multiple times using my prime account. But billing will go through nice and amooth once again this month.

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

I did reach out to Amazon again. They say they are aware of the problem and that it is fixed now. Apparently you have to logout your device from the Amazon site:

Your account > Your content & devices > Go to Devices on top menu bar > Deregister. Then you unplug your X1 box, plug it back in, then re-register your TV with the code your tv will give you, etc.

I did all this and guess what? The problem is STILL NOT FIXED. 

I'm posting this here just in case it actually helps someone else. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

The last day or so, before my receiver box went out, it kept asking me to enter a code to watch Amazon through the app that we get through the receiver box. It asked many times, the show I was watching kept stopping, then my receiver died. Maybe related but the Amazon was very flaky the last few weeks or so (slow, unresponsive to remote commands), and only while using it through the X1 receiver box. Works fine on my phone, and through a Roku too. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

4 years ago

Hi everyone. Happy Sunday! Thank you all for posting here in the community. It's frustrating to hear about the difficulties you all are experiencing with the Amazon Prime app on X1. We are aware of the issue taking place for certain users and are working toward a fix. We know it's inconvenient and we very much appreciate your patience while we work through it. Our understanding is that you may not be able to launch any show or movie in Amazon Prime Video on X1 devices, even though you are able to launch the app and navigate within the app. Is that accurate/correct? Please confirm. If this is in fact the case for you, the temporary work around would be to search for the specific show or movie using T9 search or Voice search and play the show that way. Please let me know whether or not those steps are successful on your end and/or if you have any additional questions for now. Thanks again.

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Hi ComcastMorgan -

It's very inconsistent for us. Sometimes I can get a show to play and the next day I can't get that same show to play at all. If I say the show's name with Voice search, it will take me to that show but then when I click to play, it will take me back to the main menu where you see my profile, my mother's profile and the kids profile. So even that doesn't work as a workaround. Yes, we can launch the app and navigate within the app but it's not working very well at all. I can get maybe one out of five movies or shows I click on to play. Even the ones that are part of Amazon Prime and are free don't work. 

I'm home taking care of my elderly mother during COVID and she has enough problems navigating the television without this happening. And it's been going on for well over a month. It's really hurt her confidence in using new tech. I hope Comcast and Amazon can get this resolved soon.

Thanks,

Tracy

Official Employee

• 

7K Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for replying about your experience. Apologies the work around is not working 100%. You can try restarting the box and try again.Our Advanced Repair Team is still engaged on this known issue and following the issue as the team continues to search for a solution. We thank you for your patience while we work on it. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

We have also been having problems with Amazon Prime through the Xfinity box for the past few weeks.  Sometimes we can't get in at all - it just stops at the screen to select the user.  Sometimes we can get in to the channel guide, but it will not play anything we select.  Sometimes we can select something and it will play, but it won't play the next episode.  We have tried logging out and logging in.  We have tried unplugging the Xfinity box and plugging it back in.  Whose problem is it,  when will it be fixed, and can we get a credit for it?

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

I have restarted the box. Multiple times. Nothing seems to work. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

4 years ago

Hi all. This isn't something we're promising credits on at this time, but we very much apologize for the inconvenience, appreciate you hanging in there, and we hope to have it repaired soon. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

This is still happening. I gave restarted and refreshed my system and it doesn't help. Alao when I click on Apps, Prime and Netflix no longer show up, only Hulu. I understand I can say a title and it will find but that doesn't help when wan t ing to browse because you don't know what's available. This has been going on for months. When will it he fixed?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Taffy3 wrote:
This is still happening. I gave restarted and refreshed my system and it doesn't help. Alao when I click on Apps, Prime and Netflix no longer show up, only Hulu. I understand I can say a title and it will find but that doesn't help when wan t ing to browse because you don't know what's available. This has been going on for months. When will it he fixed?

connected to TV via HDMI cable with at least 720p resolution?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

It didn't work for me, but unplugging all the cables from the box helped.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here