JLP57's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, August 29th, 2019 6:00 PM

Closed

Why has the amber LED on my X1 DVR been on recently while watching TV?

During the last few days when watching TV , the amber LED on my DVR comes on and stays on. Any ideas why?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

5 years ago

Still can't figure out how to send a PM to Ell

???

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

5 years ago

I have noticed if I hit A on Remote--> Troubleshooting-> First box RESTART will turn it off until the next day.   Obviously, I forgot to say I'm having the same problem.

Contributor

• 

193 Messages

5 years ago

Fixes that work:

- put the box behind something so you don’t see the lights or

- Get a new, different model box.

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

5 years ago

What is the fix that worked???

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

5 years ago

No don't see the "send message"  box

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

5 years ago

Tried the changing the lights settings  from 3 of 3 to 2 of 3 and then back to 3 of 3

thelight went out but came back on the next day.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Really that’s the Comcast employees answer. Replace the box for one without the light. There goes all your recordings on DVR

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Oddly, I went to device settings, then device lights. I turned the light to zero, it went out. When I turned the setting back to 1, the light stayed off. Who knew?

Contributor

• 

531 Messages

5 years ago

@Billh129 wrote:
Really that’s the Comcast employees answer. Replace the box for one without the light. There goes all your recordings on DVR

When you swap an X1 DVR you don't lose your cloud recordings.  That is your last 60 hours  of recordings made in the last 6 months will still be there (although the cloud version will only have stereo audio).   And, you don't need to replace the box to get rid of lights - most or all of them have a setting to turn the lights off if they bother you.

Contributor

• 

193 Messages

5 years ago

You tell people with confidence that they will keep their last 60 hours of recordings, and I can tell you for a fact that when I swapped my box last week, I only had 15 hours of my 60+ hours of recordings and Comcast couldn’t help me.

Contributor

• 

531 Messages

5 years ago

I also included 'made in the last 6 months'.  Was that true for your recordings that were not saved?  What you see online at https://www.xfinity.com/stream/recordings should be the clould copies if you want to check before swapping a box out.

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

5 years ago

Light stays out only until next time you turn the box off and on thenit is back

Contributor

• 

531 Messages

5 years ago

Unless you have one of the boxes with a clock and you use it, just go into settings and turn all the lights off.

Contributor

• 

57 Messages

5 years ago

I had the same issue and each time I called Xfinity, I was told data is transmitting.  Not sure why we need to see a light to know this?

My solution was to take a piece of black duct tape and paste it over the light.  
no more annoying light.  11/11/19

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

The light has gone by itself.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here