JLP57's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, August 29th, 2019 6:00 PM

Closed

Why has the amber LED on my X1 DVR been on recently while watching TV?

During the last few days when watching TV , the amber LED on my DVR comes on and stays on. Any ideas why?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks so much...it's been 7 minutes and your solution is still effective!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Sync the Dvr and the light went out

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

The only way to get the yellow light to stay off, is to turn power saver off and reboot. Do not turn power saver back on. I have done this and the light never comes back on.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

With the remote   Press the infinity  button  then the settings icon

go to device settings

scroll down and select sync  DVR 

once synced it should go off.

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

5 years ago

Nope  tried your sauggestion  had no effect on the light.  Still on.

Paul

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Your DVR recordings could be full and once you delete done to make space the light should go off... It's a data light used to indicate multiple things. Hope this does your light issue

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

This worked for me; turning the device lights down.. THANKS!

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for suggestion  but my DVR is only 5%  full  so that is not it.

Contributor

• 

193 Messages

5 years ago

I took a drive over to my Comcast store in Turnersville, New Jersey, and picked up a 4K DVR. It works fine on my 1080p high DEF TV.

Problem solved.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

@Emtronics
If you don’t make any account changes, it’s just a box for box swap

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

@JodieNJ wrote:
I took a drive over to my Comcast store in Turnersville, New Jersey, and picked up a 4K DVR. It works fine on my 1080p high DEF TV.

Problem solved.

Was there a charge to upgrade?  

Contributor

• 

193 Messages

5 years ago

No. No charge at all!

The only downside is that if you have a lot of recordings, you will lose most of them.

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

@JodieNJ wrote:
No. No charge at all!

The only downside is that if you have a lot of recordings, you will lose most of them.

No not really.  Most recordings are stored in their cloud.  I replaced my box last year and I had most of my saved recordings back.  I had 140 episodes of a sitcom and got back 65 of them.  Some were lost but everything else came back including all the series recordings I have set. 

Contributor

• 

193 Messages

5 years ago

@Emtronics wrote:

@JodieNJ wrote:
No. No charge at all!

No not really.  Most recordings are stored in their cloud.  I replaced my box last year and I had most of my saved recordings back.  I had 140 episodes of a sitcom and got back 65 of them.  Some were lost but everything else came back including all the series recordings I have set. 

I had about 65 recordings and was only able to recover 15 of them. I called and talked to different tiers of help, and was told they could do nothing.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Thanks for the update. That data light was driving us crazy! Your fix worked like a charm. Thanks again.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here