U

Friday, July 5th, 2024 2:11 PM

Why can't I record the music choice channel

I am given the option to record Music Choice channel, and I have space on my DVR, but when I select RECORD, it doesn't do it. 

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

2 months ago

user_2pibxv Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Community Forum. Unfortunately, your X1 DVR cannot record music on that channel. We are sorry for any confusion.

3 Messages

It wasn't always that way. I have recorded the Christmas music before. It was nice to have it available to listen to at ANY time of the year.

I'm sad that Xfinity has changed their policy.

I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Official Employee

• 

457 Messages

@user_2pibxv our pleasure. Have a wonderful day! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

2 months ago

The music channels have never been recordable, probably due to copyright issues. Not sure if X1 even has the ability to disable record on a channel-per-channel basis or not.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

2 months ago

That didn't come out quite right. What I meant is for the interface to not show a record option.

3 Messages

I agree. It should not give that as an option. 

Also, it's strange that in years past, I WAS able to record a 4 hour block of Christmas music, and was able to play it during a gathering during the holidays. I also played that recording occasionally when it wasn't the holiday season, when I was simply in the mood to hear it... even during the summer, if it struck me. 

I guess the only constant in life is CHANGE.  But it's sad that some things change for the worst, not better. 

Thank you for taking time to reply.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here