U

Tuesday, June 25th, 2024 2:16 AM

Where do reminders go once after their start time?

When I set a reminder---say for 10:00pm, how do I find that reminder at 10:05pm.  Wnen I press the Xfinity button on my remote and go to "Scheduled" it only shows reminders starting at 11:00pm.  I would assume the reminder would remain "active" until the END of the program the reminder is set to.  So in my example above, if it's a 1/2 hour show, I would assume the reminder would be "active" until 10:30 and if it's an hour-long show, then the reminder would be "active" until 11:00.  But it seems to disappear one minute after the show begins (10:01).   But that makes no sense so I must be doing something wrong.  But I can't figure out what.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

3 months ago

Hey there user_fdfgzu, I love that you're using on of the really cool X1 features, I know we make that platform as versatile as possible. Scheduled Reminders will only display the next 14-days worth of reminders. So, once a reminder has passed, it will no longer be visible. This link can provide more insight into this feature. Other than reminders, were there any other features, or services you really enjoy or had your eye on? 

(edited)

1 Message

This makes no sense at all. It means that I have to constantly "babysit" my TV, ready at all times to respond to the short reminder that pops up at the exact time that it appears on the screen, or I am unable to know if I have even set a reminder. How is this at all helpful? It's bad enough that the reminder notice takes up the whole screen when it is displayed, preventing me from seeing the last, often most critical, moment(s) at the end of the show I am currently watching, but then, if I do not respond to the reminder, I can't even go back and see what that reminder was. I get a whole screen of ads for Xfinity programing, services and/or upcoming events. Couldn't the reminders for currently airing shows be pushed to and accessed via the A, B, C, or D buttons? There has to be a better way for the consumer to manage this process without having to be glued to the TV and ready to interact with it at all times.

Official Employee

• 

4K Messages

Thanks for reaching back out to us, user_krhzcx! I apologize for the link that was sent before as it did not look like it was linked to the correct article. Once the reminder clears off the screen it's considered cleared at that point. But I understand what you are saying. Once you clear the reminder from the screen you want to be able to just hit a button to go to the reminded show once you finish watching what you are currently on, Correct?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here