U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, February 1st, 2024 6:37 AM

What is up with the availability of the Xfinity 4K DVR ?

I’ve had 4K DVR for about 3 years. Generally, it has been great. However, in the past two months it is failing. Even your technician said that the 4K model seems to have troubles as they age. Like trouble with screen freezing, pixelation, etc.

One of the techs who came to my home has been pushing to replace it with the 1080p model. I have a significant home theater and the last thing I want is a 1080p DVR. I held my ground and said I do not want a 1080p box. He finally went to his truck and came back with another 4K box.  Within in a week, it was freezing and pixelating. All they have are refurbs, “possibly repaired” 4K DVR. No new inventory. 

Despite all measurements at my home being fine. He came back today and basically told me he would run all of the tests again and replace the DVR. He came in with what appeared to be a new 1080p model. He did do some additional work on connectors, etc., which was good.  But he was not going to give me an option to have the 4K version. I figured, at this point it’s better than the one I have now, working poorly. 

The 1080p box is definitely not as good as the 4K box. It is slow to navigate (sometimes painfully slow) and the video quality is not the same, the screen colors are not as crisp and it is just not that same picture quality.  I know I’m not getting much “real” 4K stuff on the Xfinity platform but the ability to take advantage of a UHD TV is night and day difference. 

So, what is the official word on the 4K DVR?  I don’t want this current box, not for the $3,000 a year I am paying for Xfinity services. 

Also, I’m a bit confused with the model #’s. The 4K model and the 1080p model appear to have the same model #’s? The 4K model I had was very low profile with the slanted sides. The 1080p model is the big box with the clock and extra audio connectors. 

If I can’t get the 4K model any longer then it’s time for me to find another tv solution. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

4 months ago

Hello and welcome to Comcast @user_fd8d8a. I am sorry to hear of the troubles you have had with our 4K box. You are in the right place, and we are happy to assist you today. 

We have your direct message and will continue to assist you privately. Please be reminded that sending unsolicited Direct Message to an Official Employee of the Xfinity Community Forum, is a violation of Forums Guidelines. In the future we ask that you pleas find the most appropriate public board for your question type and post it there. If needed, we may invite you to send us a Direct message. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here