U

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Friday, June 14th, 2024 3:59 PM

What is the $9.75 Regional Sports Fee?

A $9.75 Regional Sports Fee was added to my June bill. What is this and if it's optional, I do not want it

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

3 months ago

It is NOT optional unless you downgrade to a plan that does not include them. It is to pay for various local sports networks, even if you NEVER watch them. It's the sharp increase in these fees that have led to Cord Cutting and the bankruptcy and shutdown of various sports networks as people leave cable and that "free" money disappears.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@Andyross​ Thanks Andyross. This is a new addition to my bill and it pushes my bill past the arbitrary monthly amount that I decided I would pay to Xfinity. Today, I will start my research to decide which streaming services I will buy to replace Xfinity TV.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Also, Customer Support told me that this is a fee REQUIRED by the Federal Gov't. I do not believe this for a second.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 months ago

... Customer Support told me that this is a fee REQUIRED by the Federal Gov't. I do not believe this for a second.

Support agents are often mistaken. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/most-common-taxes-fees-surcharges-on-your-bill agrees with you:

Regional Sports Network fee

The Regional Sports Network fee is an itemized charge. It isn’t a government-mandated fee ...

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here