Jenniferrrr's profile

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

Friday, February 9th, 2024 6:54 PM

Closed

What are Themes?

With the change to screensaver options and how to access, I stumbled on Themes, which are defined as “skins” on the description… so I can pick a holiday, a Lunar New Year animal, Taylor Swift (?!) etc. So, what IS this??  I picked “beach vibes” but have no idea what it does. Anyone know? (It’s not a screensaver)

1 Message

7 months ago

As of right now all I've noticed is that it changed the color of the little bar when you press the xfinity button. Like under your selection. Honestly no idea

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

7 months ago

@Jenniferrrr “Puck replacements” and “Focus line skins” have been created and launched this month to celebrate Black History! A Puck replacement is the player puck icon, which can be updated to accomodate any transparent image file. A Focus line skin is a customizable overlay that modifies the color of the bar that denotes the user’s location within the guide. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

7 months ago

Even with the explanation I'm still so very confused. It has changed absolutely nothing on my TV and there are many many themes to pick from. But they change nothing.

Moving on I guess..?

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

I can help explain, @user_d24cd1, and others on this thread! It is a relatively new feature that is easily missed. It is not a screen saver but does change the icon on various screens. If you could please say "change my theme" using the voice remote (you can also change your theme by navigating to settings > device settings > Theme) and select Valentine's Day heart.  Next, pivot back to live TV and try to pause or rewind. You'll notice the icon indicating the time within the program has charged to a heart. You may notice other small differences too. For example, the icon that highlights your selection when you press the Xfinity button differs too. Can you test it out and let me know if it's working for you? Thank you!  

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

131 Messages

6 months ago

I just got an X1 box, still using  legacy Motorola DCX boxes since 2010. On the older boxes you could change the color of the menu and guides. On the X1 there is no way to change it. We find the black background with small white text (that highlighted blue) very difficult to read even with perfect vision. It would be nice if the Themes actually would change the Color Theme of the Guide and Menus. I have an Amazon Fire stick and Samauns Smart TV and their menus and guides are easier to read than the X1 guide.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here