Monday, August 23rd, 2021 9:31 PM

Closed

What are A B C D buttons on remote

What are A B C D buttons on remote for

Problem Solver

• 

746 Messages

3 years ago

When I use them, A brings up the help screen, B the accessibility options screen, and, for some reason, C brings up the Sports App. D doesn't appear to do anything.

Comcast should have taken a page from (I think it was) AT&T's playbook, and have the C button turn closed captioning on and off.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hi, all! @user_172510 Thanks for using our forums page to reach out for help with our award-winning one-stop search and voice remote control! You have reached the right place over social media for help with concerns such as this. To see more details, please feel free to visit this great link to our awesome [XFINITY voice remote functions](https://comca.st/3BgsZFX).

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

This is lousy, it is not helpful you have some nerve posting that your site is awesome it is awful

Contributor

• 

112 Messages

3 years ago

@ThatDonGuy @user_172510 The D button erases recordings and previous viewed apps.

(edited)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

3 years ago

For the "B" key, there is a setting where hitting it twice will toggle closed captioning on and off. I think the default toggles Descriptive Audio. I think toggling CC is more helpful and use it sometimes.

The "D" key as noted is for deleting in some situations, but only when there is a tiny note on-screen where the "D" is inside the diamond shape.

Expert

• 

104.9K Messages

3 years ago

Not "Channels And Programming" related....................... Concern moved here to the proper help section.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

3 years ago

Hello @user_172510, thank you for reaching out to us for help with your remote! The A, B, C, and D buttons are Shortcut Keys and are used to help quickly navigate menus or to complete a task. We have a user manual here: XR2 and XR5 Remote Control Buttons and Functions - Xfinity Support, that will explain the functionality of the different remotes and what the buttons do. I will also leave a description here of what these specific buttons do. 

• A: Accesses the Help menu.
  • B: The B button can be used to bring up the Accessibility Settings menu. Learn more about the Accessibility Settings Menu.
    • You can program the button on your remote to navigate to a specific Accessibility Setting when pressed twice. Learn more about programming an Accessibility Shortcut on your remote.
    • Note: Effective July 2017, pressing the B button will no longer display scaled video in the bottom right-hand corner when the full guide is displayed. This is due to low usage.
  • C: When viewing live TV, use the C button to follow all games on TV with the X1 Sports App. Press the button to launch and see scores, even while watching TV. See an example of how to access the Sports App.
  • D: Use the button to delete single DVR recordings or delete multiple recordings (e.g., a whole TV series) within a folder. Learn how to delete recordings. (For non-X1 TV Boxes, the D button will enable video description instead of deleting an X1 DVR recording.)
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here