U

Wednesday, July 24th, 2024 10:43 PM

Closed

Was there an update to being able to do a DVR recording?

Sometime last week, I noticed that my series for the San Francisco Giants now records the Giants on the channel 720 and the Giants on the MLB channel 3024 and on another channel on the MLB stations of whatever team they are playing
if I try to do my record options, I either get the choice of just this game which then only records the one game I want or  to record the San Francisco Giants then that is where it will pick up every time they play on whatever channel they play even if it records three times for the same game.   I do not have the MLB channel. I do not pay for the MLB channel and I cannot watch the MLB channel so it will record two extra times of the MLB channel that I cannot watch. I should be able to select that I want to record the San Francisco Giants as a series like I used to do more than a week ago and record all the games on only the channel that I recorded on and it has been doing that perfectly fine since April until last week, so what happened? 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

3 months ago

I do apologize, @user_34se0o I understand exactly what you are saying but unfortunately at this time when you just pick San Francisco, the DVR does not know what you can watch and not watch unfortunately it's only searching for San Francisco Giants so the DVR is going to record every channel that comes up San Francisco Giants even if you are not subscribed to those channels.-Richard

12 Messages

@XfinityRichard​ Thank you Richard.  If I try to record another program that is say a news station that is on the same time every day, it gives me the option to record All episodes which I believe is the way that my Giants used to be.  I understand what you are saying but It was this way back in April/May when I first recorded the serries of baseball on channel 720.  I did not update the recording to do all games titled SF Giants. It just did it starting last week on its own.  Somehow the recording option had to have changed.  Just frustrating. 

Appreciate that you have responded to try to help.

[Edit: PII]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

user_34se0o, I see what you're getting at and that does make sense. I believe the DVR is functioning as intended, but we can try a few troubleshooting steps together. In order to get started can you please send a direct message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right? Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

12 Messages

Thank you. I will do this tomorrow 

12 Messages

@XfinityMarcos​ accepted answer 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

user_34se0o, thats awesome to hear, and I'm so glad we were able to help you on this one. Especially now that the season is starting to heat up. It was a pleasure working with you, have a great rest of your week and be safe out there! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here