U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Fri, Apr 16, 2021 1:06 PM

Volume won't work on remote

We got a new box (Version 5 -- we had Version 2). I was able to install it and link the remote, but the volume won't work. The rep who came to our home gave me a new remote but said it was our TV -- "a sensor was out." The TV is only two or three years old. When I returned the old box, the in-store rep said I didn't select the right code for our TV. He gave me a new remote, and I tried to follow the instructions to link this one. The problem: I can't find the screen where you select the TV code. What am I doing wrong? 

Responses

ComcastAbbie

Official Employee

• 

267 Messages

25 d ago

@user_c60e13 Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us! I can definitely help with your remote concerns. Some TV's are not compatible with our remote but most are. May I ask what the make of your TV is? There is also a super handy guide here: https://comca.st/32n0ZRu that walks you through how to program your remote to your TV.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New to the Community?

Start Here