U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, January 27th, 2024 12:49 AM

Closed

Volume control

My Xfinity XR2 remote does not control the mute or volume on the TCL TV. What can I try to get this fixed?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

8 months ago

@user_76434e Give the steps below a try to reprogram your remote to pair to your TV. 

*Turn on the TV you are programming.
*Press and hold the “Setup” button on your remote until the status LED changes from red to green.
*Type in the 4-digit or 5-digit code listed below using the number buttons. Additional codes may be found in the remote manual.
**Most likely code: 11756

**Others to try: 10706, 10047, 10037, 11953, 10625

*If the code is entered correctly, the status LED will blink green twice. If the status LED blinks red, then the code was not entered correctly. Check that you are entering the correct code and try again.
*Use the remote to operate your TV (use Power, VOL, etc.)
*If these steps don’t work, try another 4-digit or 5-digit code and repeat the above.

You can find the above instructions here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/remotes/

(edited)

1 Message

how to get my tv to work says no singal. tried hdmi 1 2 and 3

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_wocvwp Hello! I'm sorry to hear about the TV showing no signal. I would love to help out, thanks for sharing the issue with us in our forums. In some cases I find that the HDMI cable is bad or wonky and just doesn't work with the device. Trust me, I have had it happen in my own home. It works for the DVR, but not the DVD player. Can you see on the TV what HDMI input you are connecting to? You can even try swapping the ends of the HDMI cable. What's in the TV move to the cable box and reverse. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here