U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, June 22nd, 2023 8:03 AM

Closed

Voice Guidance loop

Trying to set up replacement box but Do you want to keep Voice guidance message keeps looping. Even after multiple resets and speaking to a rep and having the remote swapped. Issue with replacing box going on 2nd week. Finally a Ticket was created but still no resolution after several days. Only they will reach out to me for updates.i tried to cancel ticket and asked for a new box and was told that I would have to wait until this ticket was resolved first. Whatever kind of bug this is, it has happened before with other customers in thw past and was resolved by a simple call or swap of the box. This is truly the worst experience I've had with Xfinity. Just fix it.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Hi do we have any updates on this?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@user_9b4c1f​ Still nothing.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I'm guessing this isn't a high priority unless more people contact them.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

We had the same problem. The issue is not simple. Our replacement box would not activate and was in the "voice assist" loop. The Technician said that the issue is caused by older phisical comcast networks. Fot instance in our area Comcast cable is on poles. Where our service breaks off it goes across the road to another "box" then comes to our house and goes to a splitter where we get Internet and the YV. The technician called it a 3 hop network segment. He said that the speed because of these "hops" is too slow to support the new box. However if you have Comcast Internet and have the now standard modem with Wi/Fi, you can use it and the smaller Wireless box to preform the same function. If you do not have Comcast Internet service then it is more problematic. So there is no easy fix when it dont work, especialy if you do not have Comcast internet.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I have the same problem.  The previous customer wrote up the problem up very well.  "Remote box stuck on voice guidance prompt during setup (boot)" 

Either these new dvr boxes (model PX013ANM) are bad or the network in my area really is too weak to operate the new electronics.  I leaning toward the latter because we require a signal boost unit for the tv to operate.    

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hello @user_5d05b5 Thanks for coming to our community! I’m sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your voice remote!  I am happy to review your account and troubleshoot your tv services as well especially with you needing a signal booster to watch tv. Can you please direct message me your first and last name along with your full service address so that I can assist you further?
Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

I have the same issue. Any resolution?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@Opopie​ No resolution yet

Official Employee

• 

300 Messages

1 year ago

I'd like to take a look at the ticket that is pending and look into options for an equipment swap with you. Please send us a Direct Message with your account information.

• Make sure you are signed in here in the Xfinity Forum. Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon (square chat icon in the upper right corner of your screen next to the bell icon)
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Press Enter to send it

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

Yes they made me switch the box and I am at that same position. I don't have the time to play games with these people. They are going to make me bring the box to them and hopefully when I get another one it works. Its my time and gas and I pay this company way to much for Nothing. Getting ready to bag them

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I just picked up a replacement box and getting the same voice guided loop.  I spoke with a representative and after multiple attempts to resolve on the phone, Xfinity is sending a tech.  

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

@Mtmme​ Do you have to pay for the tech to come out to your house

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hey @Mtmme,

We wanted to check in with you and see if the technician was able to get everything resolved for you? Please let us know at your next available convenience. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@Mtmme​ Most likely your network is "sub-standard"  Our Xfinity network (in this city) was acquired from another provider. It does not exactly meet Xfinity's requirements and is too slow in response times (not raw download speed) for the interactive box Xfinity is providing. My answer was to call a tech and he brought a small box that connected directly to my WiFi rather than the original equipment that communicated through TV cable. It seems to work fine.... according to the tech the Xfinity drop to our house (and many in our city) has "too many drops" Meaning it connects to the main line, but comes across the street (drop1) then goes into a connection box (drop 2) then goes to to another box (drop 3) then to our TV (drop 4). He told us that Xfinity network spec is only 2 drops max to the first TV.

1 Message

1 year ago

Same issue here, been waiting for text assistance for over two hours. Are these boxes tested at all?

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello, @user_1bfd4f. Thanks for posting on our community forums. I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing a similar issue. Have you completed any troubleshooting on your end? (rebooting the box manually or through the app). 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Same issue here. I was talking to customer rep and she could not figure it out as well. They are sending a tech tomorrow to check it out. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@jsoepraj Thanks for meeting us here in our community. Please share with us how it went with the tech visit. 

(edited)

2 Messages

1 year ago

We're in the exact same loop. It is clear that the initial contact rep's troubleshooting decision tree has zero mention of this issue (not faulting them at all - blaming their work instructions). We attempted to point them to this thread to say - this! this is the thing! - but that's not allowed. (Xfinity team - yes, we've rebooted hundreds of times since picking up the box on Sunday. Kicking myself for returning the older equipment that same day -  the customer success rep at our local store had said the new box would be the only way to resolve the issues we've been having with the Peacock app.) Our TV may not survive if we need to continue to listen to the robotic loop "Do you want to keep using Voice Guidance? Voice guidance is a talking guide that reads what's on your screen out loud, including titles, program descriptions, and more. You can turn Voice Guidance on or off anytime after you've activated your devise. Just say 'Voice Guidance' into your voice remote or go to Settings > Accessibility. Option 1: No Option 2: Yes" Yes??? No??? Please just let us get past this screen... we beg you robot voice! After ~30 minutes of troubleshooting the rep has scheduled a tech to come out on Saturday to evaluate. Fingers crossed they bring the wireless box that appears to be the solution to this issue in the thread above. Xfinity team monitoring the thread - if there's any way to build this into the troubleshooting/decision tree for the first response phone reps that would be super for those that will undoubtedly follow us in this experience.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hello, @user_48f65c and thread. We appreciate your thoughtful replies and letting us fully understand the problem as well as what steps have been taken. I apologize that this issue has been going on. The Voice Guidance is a great feature, but we expect our equipment and features to be easy to use and I know this has not been. We gather feedback from our conversations and share it with the appropriate teams so we can best help. I am glad to pass this along. We will check in tomorrow to see how your visit went and if the problem is resolved from the new box or not. 

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

Hi there! We wanted to check in as promised. How did the appointment go? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Same problem with voice guidance loop for a week now after picking up new box when old one died along with TV after probable lightning. Wi-Fi still works fine. Already had two tech appointments this week that Xfinity cancelled without checking with us because their system showed we were fine?? So annoying! Had to call and be on the phone hours and hours already. Tomorrow morning is our 3rd tech appointment which is showing not cancelled so far so we shall see what happens! 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hey there @mhinson, I know you mentioned that you had a tech visit scheduled already. Was that able to be completed, and if so, are you still having the same issue? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Yes the tech was very familiar with this issue and knew exactly what to do, first he had to unpair the remote:

Factory Reset the Xfinity Voice Remote Without a Setup Button (XR15)
  1. Press and hold the A (triangle) and D (diamond) buttons at the same time for three seconds until the status light changes from red to green.
  2. Press 9-8-1.
  3. The LED will blink blue three times to indicate that the remote was reset.

Then I believe he unplugged the box and plugged it back in to initiate the boot up process which ended up finally working! His name is Marvin and he is our hero!

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Thank you!!!  I had the same problem and the remote unpair did the trick.  Marvin is my hero too.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Marvin’s advice did not work for us. The loop continues…. Will call for tech support in the morning  hopefully that helps- but I’m already doubting this. 

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Hey there @irackauskasmd, thanks for reaching out here on Xfinity Forums and I apologize that the advice did not work for you. I would be happy to help you with troubleshooting. Were you able to reach out to any one on phone support?

2 Messages

1 year ago

We all have such similar experiences. This just isn't right to have such difficulty when we are being forced to upgrade boxes. I have logged 27 hours over 6 months and 3 attempts at failed installation. I have always given up in the past but our "on demand" service just quit working last week. So far attempt #4 has taken 7 hours of the last 48 hrs and my accomplishment has landed me at the same looped "do you want to keep using voice guidance" while trying to do the initial set up. 

Attempt #4 started with two new X1 set top boxes picked up from the store. One box setup easily and the second was a complete failure with the "voice guidance" loop issue right away. I had the bright idea to use the same adapter and coaxial cables in order to prove the connection was set up properly and that problem was with the box itself. After two reps did troubleshooting for two hours, the bad box was officially declare defunct. Away I went the next day to the Xfinity store and returned all equipment. BIG MISTAKE! Yes, don't let anyone convince you to return your old antiquated equipment until all of your new boxes are functional. I returned the my two circa 2014 workable boxes and the "new" X1 defunct box for a replacement. To my surprise, the replacement X1 box does not work and during the boot up is stuck in "voice guidance" loop. Again, it has been declared a bad box. A tech is set to come.

As a note. Add insult to injury. A tech added a $9 charge per box for the two new X1 boxes. I now pay for four boxes though I only have/use two. I have spent hours today trying to correct this and no rep knows how to remove them other than changing my plan. 

I tell you my tale because so many reps will blame the control, the coaxial cables, the need to refresh until the cows come home. This problem is not isolated as this forum shows. It seems to be happening to many older accounts including Legacy accounts like mine. I read two reps this forum and it was all news to them. I will keep reading this to the the tech and hopefully the problem will be resolved. Hopefully!

Logged 27 hours, 6 months, 3 failed attempts, 8 reps in the past 24 hrs, 1 technician to go. Should it require this much? Please escalate our problem Xfinity!

Please escalate this issue and get resolution for loyal customers who have been with Xfinity for up to 40 years from my reading. Being loyal should count for something and we all certainly deserve some resolution!

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

The tech came to our house and said a hard reset needed to be done which involves unpairing the remote. He said he's had to do a ton of these and the remotes should have been unpaired before being sent out to customers.

Factory Reset the Xfinity Voice Remote Without a Setup Button (XR15)

1. Press and hold the A (triangle) and D (diamond) buttons at the same time for three seconds until the status light changes from red to green.
  2. Press 9-8-1.
  3. The LED will blink blue three times to indicate that the remote was reset.
Then I believe he unplugged the box and let it do it's boot process and it did take a little bit but booted up without the voice guidance loop and finally worked. Try it and let me know!

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

One of several causes. Apparently several things can cause this issue. Out tech said that it is sort of the last prompt in the string and if anything goes wrong in the setup you get this symptom. In our area is is most often caused by poor response times in the Xfinity network.

1 Message

@mhinson​ thank you for taking notes :) totally worked for me 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

It’s fixed diagnostic boxes had to be updated or so I as told!

2 Messages

1 year ago

Success! I know how to fix this problem and hopefully it will work for you too. The tech came out today and could not have been more professional and had already researched and found the answer. He is a rare bird in the Xfinity system. I took notes on how to fix this voice loop problem. There are two parts. First the remote control must have a factory reset done (as mentioned earlier by an astute forum member). The second step is to factory reset the X1 cable box. This reset should work on X2 platform as well.

Here are the instructions:

Step 1 Factory Reset the Remote

1)Press the A and D buttons on the remote down at the same time until the remote control light flashes green

2)Enter the code 981 on the remote.

3)The light will flash blue three times indicating a reset has occurred.

You have now performed a factory reset of the remote!!

Step 2 Factory Reset of Cable Box

1)Make sure the TV is on.

2)Hold down the power button on the remote for 5 seconds.

3)Press the center "OK"/Round circular button located in middle of the remote. It is located below A and B but is above C and D on the new voice activated remote. It lights up white when then control is handled on the newer voice activated remote controls. On older controls it is your "OK" button.

4)Then press the right arrow.

5)Then press down arrow.

6)Then press the power button again. It is located in the upper right corner on my newer voice activated remote.

7)This will reset the box only and it will now roll through the prompts.

You have completed a factory reset of the cable box!!

These two steps combined were the key to fixing my box. The tech did have to repeat the box factory reset twice. 

Apparently, many boxes are shipped out with software that is not up to date. If the voice loop still remains after a factory reset then try a second factory reset. It may take a few factory box resets to get it going. These instructions are for customers whose box does not have a reset button.

I hope this helps and a few people out there are saved the headaches and trials so many of us have experienced.

I will continue my voyage to get the bill corrected and escalated. Currently, I am being charged for two extra boxes and a third box that was accidentally shipped and is still with UPS. Watch out that the Xfinity system often automatically charges you for a tech visit even if it was ordered by an Xfinity phone rep who was unable to fix the problem. I called ahead of the service tech's arrival and had it noted on the account. Also if they offer to ship you a replacement box and you change your mind and cancel that box order within a few hours (even at 1AM Sat) it will most likely ship anyway. It shows the box shipment cancellation on my account but the two departments don't seem to converse. I decided to proactively pickup a box the next day in  store. My shipped box will arrive 3 to 5 days and then the need to return it and adjust the account again. Watch out for a $15 shipping charge they should offer to waive when replacing a broken box.

I wish you all luck of rebooting, resetting, and reclaiming your sanity over the voice loop and this exhausting, frustrating experience. May the "factory reset" force be with you!

(edited)

2 Messages

@user_25f775​ thanks for sharing! This could potentially save some folks. Not so much for us. We had a tech come out over the weekend. He attempted the procedure above multiple times but apparently that doesn't work for us. The resolution in our case was going back to the old equipment.

1 Message

1 year ago

We had the same issue.  Thank you for the tips.  We got it going after 4 resets.

1 Message

1 year ago

Helllo! I am having the same issue. I have tried the recommended reset in the comments and it still is not working. Is there a tech that can come out?

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

@user_c0055a 

Hey there! Hate to hear you are having trouble with the looping voice message. 

Please send me a private message with your name and address to get started. 

To send a Private Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Same! They are sending a third box today after two technicians came. Smh for the money they charge we are better off to stream. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@Hollyjohennisy, If you are still having the same issue, please send us a DM so that we can help. 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Press Enter to send your message

2 Messages

@Hollyjohennisy​ 

Did you get it resolved?  On all day with technicians same issue...

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here