U

Tuesday, March 12th, 2024 3:37 AM

Closed

Voice guidance continues despite turning it off

I followed the instructions and turned off voice guidance using the menus with my remote, but the voice keeps coming on when turning up the volume and when the tv comes on.  We’ve tried resetting the box and I think it’s a box problem because all the other tvs in the condo work just fine.  This box also has connection problems and the others don’t.  We need someone to come out and replace the box (Living Room 2). It’s located behind the wall mounted tv.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 months ago

... the voice keeps coming on when turning up the volume ...

TV volume changes sent by a remote control and any volume announcements are performed by your TV set, not by the cable box, which has no idea what the volume is set to. You would need to check your set's owner's manual to see if it has an option to turn those off.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

6 months ago

Hello @user_5n9qyj, Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our community forum. Are you still having issues with your Voice Guidance not turning off? If so there are a few ways to turn on/off voice guidance:

The B Button:

• Please locate the A, B, C and D buttons above the numbers on the XR11 or XR5 remote. 
  • Push the B button two times.
  • Upon pushing the B a second time a pop up will appear in the middle of the screen asking if you'd like to turn Voice Guidance on/off. 
    • If the setting is off, the starting position of the highlighted option will be on Cancel. You will need to push the right arrow button. (The one to the right of OK.) and then push OK.
    • If the setting is already on, the starting position of the highlighted option will be on Turn Off Voice Guidance. You just need to press OK on your remote.

If Voice Guidance displays off but it is playing, this can generally be fixed by toggling Voice Guidance on and off. 

Or

The Voice Remote:

The fastest way to turn on Voice Guidance is with the voice remote.

• Please locate the microphone button on your remote. (XR11/XR15 only.)
  • Please hold down the microphone button and say, "Voice Guidance." 
  • If successful a pop up will appear in the middle of the screen asking if you'd like to turn on Voice Guidance.
    • If the setting is off, the starting position of the highlighted option will be on Cancel. You will need to push the right arrow button. (The one to the right of OK.) and then push OK.
    • If the setting is already on, the starting position of the highlighted option will be on Turn Off Voice Guidance. You just need to press OK on your remote.

Please let us know if that helps. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here