U

Thursday, October 19th, 2023 10:23 PM

Closed

Voice Command not working

I just wanted to share a quick solution for an issue I ran across. So, my voice commands on my XR15 remote wasn't working. It would make an odd sound and flash the blue light instead of it staying on. I tried unplugging the set top box and pluggin it back in. Issue persisted. Checked remote power level in settings. 58%.

The solution I found was simple. I pulled both batteries out of the remote and hit a few buttons to drain the capacitors. I then let it sit 30 seconds. Then put the batteries back in. Boom, works fine now. I wanted to mention this because I saw nothing about this solution on any forums popping up in a google search.

Solution: remove remote batteries and wait 30 seconds. Then reinstall the batteries 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

11 months ago

Thank you for sharing the solution that worked for you so that it may help other customers, @user_rvzrye! This is keeping in spirit with the Xfinity Forums and your feedback is greatly appreciated. Contributions from amazing community members such as yourself help make the Xfinity Forums a valuable resource and helpful knowledge base for all. Thank you!

1 Message

Didn’t work for my remote, that just beeps when I press the Vice command button. I’ve removed the batteries and let it sit for a few minutes, pressed the A button to reset the receiver. Nothing worked. When I press the voice command button, it beeps, “listening”pops up and the light on the controller is blue. Any help would be appreciated. 

Official Employee

• 

376 Messages

Hello @user_3vu5rl! Has this issue always occurred with your remote, or is this something new that just started occurring? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

8 months ago

I pressed the A triangle and did a reset and now my voice remote works.

6 Messages

Anyone have a fix for the Xumo remote?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

6 months ago

Nothing works, voice command doesn't work anymore

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello, @user_6ac190 have you checked the battery level on your remote? Press the Xfinity Button on your remote and click on the gear symbol. Then scroll down to "Remote Setting". In most cases when the voice command fails to respond the batteries are low. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here