justsam's profile

Contributor

• 

63 Messages

Thursday, October 17th, 2024 9:55 PM

Upgrading to XG1v4-A from AX013ANN

Finally found a different Xfinity brick and mortar Xfinity that had at least one employee who was helpful and gladly supplied an upgrade for my DVR.  

So what I can expect to gain or lose other than 4k capable.  How many recording hours old vs. new, how many concurrent recordings, noise level, reliability etc.  Any issues to be Leary of before exchange, such as losing existing recordings?

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

11 hours ago

@justsam, Thank you for taking the time to visit and work with your store team. Our 4k equipment is popular and not always available, so we typically ship those devices out depending on availability. Regarding your DVR, the amount of concurrent recording should stay the same, up to 6-at a time. Your recording hours will depend on your service levels and current package, but that isn't impacted by the equipment itself. Any recordings that are saved to the device itself will be lost after swapping the device. Your Cloud DVR recordings will remain available. 

Problem Solver

• 

379 Messages

11 hours ago

The 4K part is not much, unfortunately.  The only broadcast 4K is a small amount of live HDR sports, all of which is upconverted 1080.  Still noticeably better than HD.  The XG1v4 does not do Dolby Vision while the wireless Xi6 does.  Most of the 4K is on streaming apps like Netflix, although I usually use other platforms for that content. 

My XG1v4s can record at least four programs at a time, I think the limit is six.  I've never lost any recordings when swapping out boxes.  The boxes are silent, just wish they still had clocks. 

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here