painterfam's profile

Contributor

• 

52 Messages

Sunday, August 22nd, 2021 1:05 AM

Closed

Upgrading dvr box?

We have an x1 dvr and are very happy with it.  Recently I had a message pop to ‘upgrade my equipment’.   If I don’t have a 4K tv, do I need the newer box such as xg1v3 or 4?  What features would I be adding?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

112 Messages

3 years ago

The reason you were getting that message is because the box couldn't handle some of the current features or apps x1 is offering. The XG1v3 is a newer dvr box than what you have, but it's not 4k. The XG1v4 is a 4k box and it will still work on a non 4k TV. The XG1v4 is a very fast box, but you will have to get it from this site. 

Contributor

• 

52 Messages

3 years ago

Ok, I guess what advantages or new features will I get if I switch that out? (Have to decide if it’s worth losing my recordings and rescheduling all our programs

Contributor

• 

112 Messages

@painterfam you won't lose your recordings or scheduled recordings. Your current recordings should be in the cloud. When your box records a program, it's stored on the box and in the cloud. When you go to a new box, you will see the recordings but they won't  be stored on the box, just in the cloud. Also you shouldn't have to reschedule your recordings. You'll see them under scheduled recordings when you get your new box. 

The advantages are the box may be faster and you may have access to some apps that you didn't have access to before. For other advantages, you'll have to wait for a more knowledgeable person to reply. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

800 Messages

@painterfam I think this chart might be helpful, so you can compare the features of different DVR types: 

@ki1o is a rockstar and gave you a lot of awesome information, so between that information and this chart, please let us know if you have any other questions we can help out with!

You can also read more about the Cloud DVR here :) 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here