U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, September 11th, 2023 11:06 PM

Closed

Upgrade My Equipment

I received an email message from xfinity that stated, in part:

You have an outdated TV box that no longer allows you to access Xfinity On Demand and Subscription Video On Demand (SVOD) packages.

Please visit xfinity.com/equipmentupdate to order new TV equipment – at no additional cost. 

When I visit the equipmentupdate page, I am told:

You have the latest equipment

In fact, several months ago I did update my cable box. The new box and remote worked fine until today. Now when I press the xfinity button on my remote, I'm taken to a generic menu with no options for On Demand or my premium channels. I kept my remote from my previous cable box. Pressing its On Demand button works as expected (both On Demand and premium channels appear). My new remote is model XR2+. The serial number of my cable box is PAQT05793702. I powered off my cable box, left it off for several minutes and powered it back on. The problem remains. how do I fix this problem? Please let me know if more information is needed or of any questions. Thanks.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

Update: I contacted xfinity tech support. They told me that my cable box was indeed up-to-date and the problem must lie elsewhere. After tech support tried to configure my box, it stopped working entirely. I scheduled an onsite visit with a tech. He told me that my current cable box (which, again, I had received just a few months ago) was outdated. He replaced it with a newer box. That newer box worked fine and I can again access ondemand and other advanced features.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here