U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, November 30th, 2022 5:53 PM

Closed

Unable to record more than 2 shows at a time

For 3 months now, I've been going back and forth with Xfinity to try and allow my DVR to function as expected.  I have not been able to record more than 2 shows at a time.  The 3rd show gives a "recording conflict" error.  I've had billing confirm that I am paying for the service to allow up to 6 recordings at a time, yet I am unable to utilize this feature.  A technician came out, swapped the cable box in an attempt to use the box for DVR storage instead of the cloud, but that had no impact.  He was on the phone wit support and they filed a ticket to the National ATS team.  After a week of hearing nothing, I began calling again only to find that they closed my ticket, despite acknowledging that they took no action to fix the issue.  When asking them to reopen the ticket as the issue still exists, I was told they cannot reopen a ticket.  I was told they would need to schedule another technician to come out and try the same fixes as the other, then he could open a new ticket if he was unable to fix the issue.  To date, 3 months in, I still cannot record as expected, yet I get charged the fee every month. 

How can I just get my DVR to work as expected, since I am paying for the service.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

2 years ago

Hello user_1c1172, you're in the right place for help with getting your DVR issue resolved. We would like to help with getting another tech scheduled so that they can create another ticket for you, to get the ball rolling on this could you please send us a private message with your full name and street address? 

To send a "Direct Messaging" message to Xfinity Support:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3kajO4e
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it
See https://comca.st/2XfS9FQ for an example.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

This is the information provided when selecting your DVR package during sign up.  According to this screen, all 3 packages allow for up to 5 shows at a time, just with varying storage limits.  I have been informed by Xfinity that this information is in fact misleading, as the 20 hour package shown here does NOT include up to 5 shows at a time, despite this page clearly showing that it does.  They do not disclose this information up front, but rather, the information is buried in a FAQ page that they provide you after the fact. This is blatant deception and false advertising by Xfinity.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here